“Stay somewhere else...”

Red Roof Inn Hampton
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 26 January 2013

On the positive side, the inn had friendly check in and check out, free wi-fi and my room was very cheap. It is also right in the middle of a commercial area with lots of stores and restaurants. We stayed here the night of a snow storm. The parking lot was covered with a sheet of ice so they obviously were not prepared to deal with the weather. The next day, the ice remained and was nice and frozen. As for the room, it was really dingy and the bathroom door did not close all the way. It was tidy, at least. All the rooms have outside doors. That meant VERY noisy people right outside the room all hours of the night, running, screaming, slamming doors. I had very little sleep. The vending machine took my money, the bed was lumpy and had hard pillows. For some reason, there was no hot water in sink. This location had no breakfast at all. Remember that you get what you pay for. I wouldn't stay here more than one night.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Supapam,
Thank you for sharing your recent comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Red Roof Inn. I regret that your stay did not totally meet your expectations. Our team is committed to the safety and security of our guests, so the walkays were our fist priority to de-ice. I apologize that the parking lot caused you an incovenience. That was unusual weather for our area, and we will be sure to be better prepared in the future.
Our inn was recently remodeled and the mattresses and pillow are all brand new. This may be reason they felt hard.
I will be sure to share your comments with my team so that we can continue to improve on our guests' experiences.
Our goal is for all our guests to be 100% satisfied. We hope you will consider giving us another chance the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

My wife and I booked a stay in Hampton for 3 nights. We normally like “Red Roof Inn” and have stayed at several. Nothing like this experience though. The first room they gave us was dirty, toothpaste in the sink and cigarette butts in the tub, even though it was a non-smoking room. It reeked of smoke. We requested another room which looked and smelled much cleaner. I woke the next morning with red bites all over my legs and my wife had them on her back and arm. I was furious. We don’t know if it was bed bugs, fleas, or whatever. We packed our stuff and checked out. They refused to give us any money back because the room was “non-refundable”. That was fine because we needed to get out anyways. We paid for a nicer room at a nicer hotel. Save yourself the trouble and spend the extra money elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

To Our Valued Guest,
Please accept my sincere apologies for your stay with us; we strive to have each guest extremely satisfied during their stay with us and I'm very sorry that this is not what you experienced! I hope that we can discuss this matter further as any guests’ issue takes priority with my entire team in the hopes that we can rectify the situation immediately to ensure your 100% satisfaction; hoping that you will call us home anytime your travels bring you back to the Hampton area. Please contact me at the information provided below so that we can discuss this matter further and I can ensure your 100% comfort and satisfaction. Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your stay and I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

If you want a stress free, keep it simple stay - this is the place to be! Charming staff to accommodate your needs, very clean rooms, hardwood floors with carpet under the beds, and pets welcome. Lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance with easy excess to the freeway and a short trip to the airport. This location is prepared for everything you may need and the staff as well. Thank you for a wonderful place to stay for the holiday!

Room Tip: Rooms are very generous in size.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy holiday season to write a review on your stay with us! My staff and I are so happy that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving Vacation with us! We appreciate all of the kind words regarding your stay and love the fact that you really enjoyed our brand new rooms and the changes that we made during our renovation. Thank you for the feedback on the hardwood floors, brand new beds and bedding package, as well as the flat screen televisions; we hope that other guests will enjoy them as much as you did! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next vacation to our area!

Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

This was a decent stay. Ended up in a handicapped room. At least room was clean and able to stay overnight and get some rest. Service was excellent at the front desk. Came here after leaving an Inn across the street after running into several issues with check in. This will if one night. This place is being renovated. That didn't ruin our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank MDuvalPA
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review on your stay with us. We are so happy that you were able to get a comfortable nights sleep and enjoyed our great service! Our renovation is almost complete! When you return to our hotel, you wil be able to enjoy our new pillow top mattresses, beautiful hard wood floors and new accent colors that look amazing; I hope you will agree! Thank you again for your review! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Wife and I chose this motel for its reasonable rates. The motel lived up to our previous experiences with Red Roof Inn, Clean room, Clean bedding, Friendly staff. Lots of resturants and shopping near by. Breakfast not provided. We were told that the location was scheduled for a total make over by September. We found no problems with the room or staff. We enjoyed our stay and would use this motel again when in the area.

Room Tip: Be sure you remind desk clerk if you don't plan on using in-room safe when checking in, and chec...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank VLouis12

Thank You, Thank You!
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy travels to write a review on your stay with us! We appreciate the wonderful comments and the 5 star rating! We strive to have each guest feel the exact way you and your family did! We hope that when we see you again that you will like our renovation results. Renovation will be complete September 15. We will be 100% Smoke Free, have brand new pillow top beds for our guests, beautiful hard wood floors and accent walls that look great! I hope that when you come back you will like our changes! Thanks again for the awesome review!

Reviewed 14 August 2012

This motel was just a place for one night. The place was okay-ish. There were 2 pubic hairs in the bathroom, including one stuck on the shower wall. There was soap caked on to the soap thing in the shower as well. There was a DEAD COCKROACH outside the place. If they are outside, they will be inside... You could hear people talking from in the room, not to mention the room was sketchy. Very friendly service though. If you are a little short of cash or just need a bed, this is an option.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank oceanlover1000
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

To Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review on your previous stay with us. We appreciate all guest feedback as this is the only way that we can become exactly what our guests are looking for. I have shared your feedback with my entire team and we greatly appreciate the comments regarding our friendly service, we try very hard with each guest. I'm very sorry that our rooms did not exceed your expectations.
We have listened to our guest’s feedback and are about to begin a full renovation of our hotel on August 20, 2012. During this renovation, we will be replacing all of our carpet with beautiful hard wood floors, warming up our walls with new accent colors, and replacing all beds with new pillow top mattresses and new plush comforters and pillows. We hope that you will come back and visit us again, allowing us to prove to you that we are a hotel that you want to visit each time you are in the Hampton area.
Thank you again for your review and have a great rest of the summer!

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Normally when you get a deal on a room you end up getting what you pay for. Not so much with this property. This is not a hotel; it is a motel. We paid $70 for something that should have been $40. We had the deluxe room. I wonder that the regular room looks like. Our beds had no dust ruffles so that the box spring was visible along with the bed frame. The mattresses were not comfortable. They looked cheap and felt cheap.

Most importantly, safety was an issue for me. I traveled with my 3 kids and this place just didn't feel safe to me (6'4", 250 lbs., in great shape.... Worried? Yes) You had latecomers from the party scene shouting and yelling at 1 in the morning. At check out there was a lady complaining about a fight in the room above hers where someone kept yelling "I think he's dead, I think you killed him."

Unless you're traveling alone and don't mind the wild wild west world of adventure, keep your family safe and go to the Comfort in on the same street or pay a few more bucks and get a room at the Embassy Suites next door.

Room Tip: I wish I could.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Jessica L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

To Our Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. My entire team and I are very sorry that you did not enjoy yourself while with us; we hate to have any guest leave feeling the way that you did. Your satisfaction, comfort and safety are our priorities! My staff tries their very best to ensure all is quiet around the hotel by doing property walks and working together with our local law enforcement all hours of the day, but I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by loud guests during your stay. I wanted to make you aware that beginning August 20, we will be undergoing a full renovation at our hotel as we have listened to our guests feedback and want to be able to put our best foot forward. During this renovation, we will be replacing all of our carpet with beautiful hard wood floors, warming up our walls with new accent colors, and replacing all beds with new pillow top mattresses and new plush comforters and pillows. It is my hopes that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Hampton area to see our wonderful improvements and hopefully allowing us to show you what a normal, comfortable stay is at the Red Roof Inn Hampton. Thank you again for your review!