“I am not too sure about this one....actually I am.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Hampton

Red Roof Inn Hampton
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Raleigh, North Carolina
“I am not too sure about this one....actually I am.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

My family and I were in town for one night, I thought I would save a few bucks and stay at Red Roof Inn. I have to say I have never stayed at any of there properties before, and hopefully I will never have to. This place is a dump we cancelled our after reservations about two minutes after we pulled into the parking lot. My husband started to laugh then said "there is no way in [---] we're staying here". The staff was great but was it, those photos should be updated or removed. The rooms looked a lot older, I know they cant control who is staying there but there where more than a few questionable characters in the lobby. There were people all over the place just hanging around playing music and doing "other things" I dare not mention. I must say it is great location we stayed at Embassy Suites right down the road it was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Please read the reviews and believe them I wish I had. If you do stay take your Lysol, socks, lock the doors and dont forget the pepper spray!! Good luck...

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that your experience was not up to your expectation. I can however assure you we take customer satisfaction as our number one priority and put measures in place to avoid any occurrences. We have hotel security on site overnight, and we have not had any issues to date. I hope knowing this you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Let me start by saying the pictures online look great! But that is so far from reality. The outside of the motel didn't look quite as neat but we checked in and went to the room. All we had to do was open the door and step inside! The room was filthy, floors dirty,frig and microwave dirty, I then walked into the bathroom and found soap remnants from previous guest! There was hair in the floor as well. We quickly left the room and went to the front desk and told the clerk that I was canceling and why. She was very understanding and apologized. This is not a place I would ever go back to or recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience during your stay; we strive to have each guest extremely satisfied during their stay with us and I'm very sorry that this is not what you experienced! I would love to discuss this matter further as our guest satisfaction is our number 1 concern. I am hoping that you will call us home anytime your travels bring you back to the Hampton area. Please contact me at the information provided below so that we can discuss this matter further and I can ensure your 100% comfort and satisfaction. Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your stay and I hope to hear from you soon!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is the worst hotel in Hampton I've ever stayed at. I needed a hotel for a week or two and hoped The Red roof would be the place to stay. The customer service here is pretty good and the girl at the front desk was very helpful but the cleanliness of this place is a horrible. The first room I was in smelt like dirty dog. So I asked for another room. The lady said ok and told the cleaning lady to check if the room she got me was clean before I went in. Well when I opened the door I could tell the lady sprayed the whole room with air freshener and called it good. The place looked beat up and gross. The tub had chipped paint through out the tub and you can tell it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The walls were dirty and the ceilings had dried like soda drippings through out the room. But worst of all about 10minutes of just being in the room my husband noticed his leg feeling itchy. So when he looked down he saw 4 fleas attached to his leg! We grabbed our stuff and got our money back and went next door to the clarion.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for your stay with us not being up to your satisfaction. We strive to have each guest extremely satisfied during their stay with us. I'm very sorry that this is not what you experienced! I hope that we can discuss this matter further as any guests’ issue takes priority with my entire team in the hopes that we can rectify the situation immediately to ensure your 100% satisfaction. Please contact me at the information provided below so that we can discuss this matter further because your 100% comfort and satisfaction is our number one priority. Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your stay and I hope to hear from you soon!
Rockville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Hit: excellent location, close to restaurants, shopping, freeway. Recently renovated, sept 2012.

Miss: inconsistent housekeeping, one day bed was made but clean towels was not provided!, one day received no service!

Some room have small fridge and microwave and some does not so make sure to specify when booking. Some website booking did not have these options for you to choose.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at our hotel. We strive to offer continuous excellent customer service. We will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our staff and hope to see you back again for your future lodging needs.
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I booked this room for a last minute getaway from July 3 thru July 6. Since we knew that this was an older hotel, we didnt expect anything fancy. What we did expect though was clean and on the surface thats exactly what we got. The beds were clean and comfy, the bathtub and sink wiped clean and the floor swept. Where the hotel fell short was on the floor behind the toilet. It was kind of gross!! The outside of the building needs some TLC. Again, its an older hotel so a new paint job and some flowers would do it wonders. Adding a groundskeeper or someone to clean up the parking lot each day to their payroll would also help to make it more inviting. The room does open up to the outside but that was not a problem for us as we were able to park right in front of our door. It made it easier bringing luggage in and out.

The people who work for this hotel are some of the nicest people you will meet. Everyone we talked to had a smile on their face and if we needed something all we had to do was ask.

This hotel is just an average hotel, nothing fancy but I would recommend it if you are in need of a place to lay your head at night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bikergirl123
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Coliseum & Conv. Ctr. Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. Each and every staff member here at Red Roof Hampton takes pride in providing our guest with superior sevice. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Atlanta Ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here July 5-7
I'll admit that driving up to it, it did look a little sketchy, but please don't let this detour you. The rooms are very neat and clean.
The front desk staff was amazing, they were really nice. I had the king standard room which was small but it was just what I needed for the two days that I was there. I was able to see the inside of the superior king the lady was cleaning up and I looked in on the way to my room. It was slightly bigger and had a fridge and a microwave. So I will request that one the next time.
I payed like $150.00 for the two days which was great for it being a holiday weekend. When the other hotels were charging that per night.
I loved the fact that the hotel was right next to everything. Shopping and food.
The only thing I would suggest is that Red Roof do a total reno of the exterior of the building and do some landscaping and maybe put some flowers to make it look less run down and more welcoming like the surrounding hotels, but other than that. Its a great place to stay and I will be coming back. I'm all about clean rooms and I never walk around barefoot at hotels, but this one the floors were clean enough to and the bed was so comfortable, it had a great mattress better than mine at home, I slept really well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Coliseum & Conv. Ctr. Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. We have recently done some changing to our landscape and exterior painting of the property's common areas as well as walk ways. We look forward to seeing you back in the near future. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay in my room. I booked online for a superior king size bed and the check in was easy and quick. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Nothing was out of place nor made me feel uncomfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank msbradby
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Coliseum & Conv. Ctr. Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the near future.