“Good Place to Stay”

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
jersey city, nj
“Good Place to Stay”
Reviewed 20 August 2007

I stayed here on the second night of my slow trip to Georgia. My room was clean and quiet. Good for the price, although internet service was an extra $10 for 24 hours. Front desk very friendly. Would stay again

• Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Herndon, VA
Reviewed 10 June 2007

I stayed at this hotel for two nights as I was in town for a volleyball tournament just down the street at the Hampton Roads Convention Center. While it is close enough to walk to the venue site, I chose to drive and had no trouble. The volleyball team was staying next door at the Courtyard Marriott for about $50 more per night. Other than the significantly bigger lobby, I think I had just as good a deal as they had.

The hotel’s lobby was very small, yet clean. Check in was without problems, although when I checked in, there were 3 people ahead of me and I had to wait. I was efficiently checked in. My room was on the 2nd floor with an outside door entrance. The room was a pretty decent size and included a mini refrigerator and microwave oven for no charge. The bathroom was small and clean. The bed was comfortable. The air conditioning unit was quiet (a plus for me as I cannot sleep sometimes when it is noisy.) I could not get any local TV stations on the TV for the weather. There was an HBO mini-guide so I knew what was showing on HBO. Available TV stations were listed in the room. The walls were not very noise proof and I did hear a large group return to the hotel well into the night.

• Liked — Location and cost
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank cinmik89
Warren
Reviewed 5 November 2005

A decent property at a decent price. My room was clean and the service was good, the only disappointment being some issues with the ice machines while I was there. The property is undergoing renovation one floor at a time. I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 July 2004

Would not stay here again. Rooms VERY small. Kind of smelly. Better places to stay in town.

• Stayed July 2004