“Great place and super employees.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton

Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Hampton, Virginia
“Great place and super employees.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

August 25, 2012 lightening hit my house. The City condemned it until repairs could be made. I had heard of this hotel before, and knew that they took pets. I have a house cat who would be devastated to stay at an animal boarding facility. Also I don't like to eat out and knew they had a kitchenette. I called and the lady on the desk, Takiyah Gregory, was very helpful and said we could come right over. Even as stressed out and upset as I was your people made my stay a pleasant experience. Although you don't have bell service, the maids were wonderful, bringing me things I needed. The maid called me prior to coming to the room for cleaning, so I could confine my cat who otherwise has a major meltdown when she hears a vacuum cleaner. A big plus is that it was quiet. I can't stand loud music and partying. There was none of this.
Should anything happen I will definitely be back, and recommend Suburban Extended Stay to others.
Ms. Mitch Mason

Room Tip: My non smoking room on the first floor was good, because I could park my car right outside my window...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hampton, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is the best priced extended stay in the Hampton Roads area. They are helpful and will do whatever they can to help you during your stay. They also remember your name and welcome you in. Each room has a coffee maker, microwave and good sized fridge. They are doing a little updating but it is being done in a professional manner and not a big deal. If you need to borrow something just ask and they will try to get it for you. Very good staff, Marti and George are very good.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. I was here for five days. I had good seervice, although there was construction going on, it was done in a professional matter, which everyone was aware of. Everyone was very helpful and professional. There was a laundry room that was made available to you. For the price it was worth the stay. It seems to attract a lot of people, because the parking lot was always full. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

When we arrived there was no blanket or bedspread on the bed, the bathroom floor had hair all over it, and the cracks throughout the walls is unacceptable. You have to exchange your own towels at the front desk, I think since they don't have room service they should have towel service. The only good thing about this hotel is George, the guy at the front desk. He was very helpful, and was the best front desk person I've ever encountered, and I've stayed in a lot of hotels. It is very close to the highway, and there is plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby, but don't spend your money it isn't worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank colemanlatisha
Macy, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Look, we only paid 39.95 per room per night, BUT a decent bed would have been appreciated. Room cleaning is only done ONCE during a 9 day stay. Yes we are still here! Why you ask?? Well, because the other hotels are too much money per night, and these 2 rooms we booked are non-refundable. So, we have no extra money to book someplace else. Ok, there are NO bugs, but the rooms are not clean, you get very few dishes to cook with...we had to keep calling the desk for things that should have been included in our room. I am sure they are sick of us at this point. The view from our only window is the 7-11 gas station next door. Convenient location and good ac and tv are the only reasons I gave it a 2 rating.I am really embarrassed that THIS is the place we picked to bring our in-laws from England to...They must think we are awfull.....No pool...no place to sit chairs outside,,,,not even any breakfast included. Just a restaurant that is too expensive to eat in. Also, the toilet has a huge crack in it, the carpet is torn, and the ceiling above our bed is damaged and has a huge water stain on it. So you tell me.....do you really want to stay here??

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

I booked the room online for a full week. A week here for a double bed with the kitchenette is not cheap. I was NOT happy I paid as much money as I did because one of the beds kept breaking, the front of the ac unit was always falling off, the microwave only worked when it wanted to, the fan above the stove did not work, not light in it either, the new fridges they put in the rooms are very small, the cabinet under the sink was falling off the hinges, we did not have the metal shelf they put under the cabinet that u can put you food and things on, and the carpet turned our socks black. So god knows when they cleaned it last. I made them aware of all the issues. We were told to unplug the microwave sometimes to reset it to get it to work, the didn't fix the bed, didn't get the shelf we needed, has not fixed the ac unit, and were told we could not change rooms because the didn't have another double bed room. I think they could have at least put us in a room with a single bed that had a couch in it or something. I'm very upset they would think it is okay to have my very young child in a room like this. Maybe they should bring their kids in here and stay here and see how fast they fix it then!!!! Will make sure to tell my friends to not stay here!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to check to make sure how everything looks and make sure everything works
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

After a month here I can state that this place does not have Hylton extras or costs but is friendly, clean and in a great location. It is quite and family friendly and the staff are nice. Bring your laptop and enjoy the Wifi, there is no business center, excercise center, bar or fancy lobby, only what you need for an "extended stay". I like the small kitchen facilities in my room, great for light cooking and heating left overs from the near by shopping & restaurant district (only 2 blocks). Hampton is easy to get around and this place is in a central location and just far enough off I64 not to hear it. There are several places nearby to fish and easy access to the too many to name sites in Hampton Roads. Next time I am in the area I will stay here to spend a week, not a fortune!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo