We stayed at this location from July 19th-July 24th 2013...We also fell for the recent positive reviews and the cheap pricing. Family of 5 stayed here and WILL NOT ever stay at this location again. Upon arriving at the hotel, check-in was very pleasant but the warm welcome stopped at the desk. We entered the room to find that the décor was very outdated. The beds, well needed a long body pillow at the open side of the bed as the beds leaned down towards the floor. Get ready to be rolled on or off the bed and onto the floor if not. The shower had many light brown stains with cigarette burns on the side of the tub. The shower head wouldn't move and the water pressure was low. They say there is a full size refrigerator, well it is not. It is very small and not frost free. It was day 4 before the front desk finally found us a skillet, which was suppose to be in the room upon arrival. The stove is a two burner, well only 1 burner worked. Remember to turn the time dial on the wall or your stove will shut off within 2 minutes. I ask the front desk for quarters to do laundry, and was told they didn't have any and I would have to find somewhere to give me change for my dollar bills, so I could do laundry. I went to get ice for the first time; since I had been buying bags of ice from the gas station across the street, and the maintenance man, spoke up and told me that he was getting ready to turn the ice machine off to give it a break for 2 days, since it had been used a lot over the weekend. Then I proceeded to get a little bit of ice and he told me that was enough ice and if I needed more, I needed to go and buy ice. I explained that I have a child with diabetes and need to keep her insulin cold in a cooler when we went to the beach, he then tells me again, that the ice at the hotel is not provided to be put in a cooler but rather in a glass and that it wasn't fair to the staff to not have ice for their drinks. You better do your own towels than ask for replacements, because you are told that you will have to wait and get new ones from the night shift clerk once they have time to do the laundry. I had to finally go and get a vacuum off of the housekeeping cart that was just sitting in the hallway by the elevator, since I had ask the front desk to use one, and was told they would contact me when another guest was done with it. I called for the next 6 hours and was told I had to wait...The elevator door was sticking and you would be stuck on the elevator with the door open for approximately 3 minutes waiting for the door to finally close. You had to give the door a push and shove to get it to finally close. They have a place setting for 2 people in the room instead of 4. It was just a unpleasant stay and not very accommodating for any size of family above 2. We are just the average middle class family and knew it wasn't the HILTON and didn't expect it to be as such, but this was dirty, small and not worth 49.99 plus tax a night. Maybe 29.99 nightly would be an appropriate price to charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When booking at our Suburban Extended Stay(R) Hotel in Hampton, Virginia, you can feel at home in relaxing guest rooms with a variety of amenities near the Hampton Coliseum. Hampton boasts several world-renowned sites and attractions, some of which include: Fort Monroe Busch Gardens Europe Hampton University Hampton hotels also provide easy access to the Langley Air Force Base, which is one of the oldest operating Air Force bases in the nation. You can always depend on our pet-friendly extended stay hotel in Hampton to deliver full-service amenities like: Free WiFi Truck parking Outdoor parking All of our beautifully-decorated guest rooms feature TVs, coffee makers, microwaves, refrigerators, irons and ironing boards. Long-distance travelers will appreciate our guest laundry services. Enjoy the best combination of cozy accommodations, friendly service, wonderful amenities and affordable rates at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel in Hampton, VA. Book now - we look forward to hosting you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia and Choice Hotels so you can book your Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton Hotel Hampton
- Suburban Extended Stay Hampton
- Extended Stay Hampton
- Hampton Extended Stay