“Uncomfortable Beds, Outdated and Drug Traffic...Don't stay at this Hotel!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton

Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Uncomfortable Beds, Outdated and Drug Traffic...Don't stay at this Hotel!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed at this location from July 19th-July 24th 2013...We also fell for the recent positive reviews and the cheap pricing. Family of 5 stayed here and WILL NOT ever stay at this location again. Upon arriving at the hotel, check-in was very pleasant but the warm welcome stopped at the desk. We entered the room to find that the décor was very outdated. The beds, well needed a long body pillow at the open side of the bed as the beds leaned down towards the floor. Get ready to be rolled on or off the bed and onto the floor if not. The shower had many light brown stains with cigarette burns on the side of the tub. The shower head wouldn't move and the water pressure was low. They say there is a full size refrigerator, well it is not. It is very small and not frost free. It was day 4 before the front desk finally found us a skillet, which was suppose to be in the room upon arrival. The stove is a two burner, well only 1 burner worked. Remember to turn the time dial on the wall or your stove will shut off within 2 minutes. I ask the front desk for quarters to do laundry, and was told they didn't have any and I would have to find somewhere to give me change for my dollar bills, so I could do laundry. I went to get ice for the first time; since I had been buying bags of ice from the gas station across the street, and the maintenance man, spoke up and told me that he was getting ready to turn the ice machine off to give it a break for 2 days, since it had been used a lot over the weekend. Then I proceeded to get a little bit of ice and he told me that was enough ice and if I needed more, I needed to go and buy ice. I explained that I have a child with diabetes and need to keep her insulin cold in a cooler when we went to the beach, he then tells me again, that the ice at the hotel is not provided to be put in a cooler but rather in a glass and that it wasn't fair to the staff to not have ice for their drinks. You better do your own towels than ask for replacements, because you are told that you will have to wait and get new ones from the night shift clerk once they have time to do the laundry. I had to finally go and get a vacuum off of the housekeeping cart that was just sitting in the hallway by the elevator, since I had ask the front desk to use one, and was told they would contact me when another guest was done with it. I called for the next 6 hours and was told I had to wait...The elevator door was sticking and you would be stuck on the elevator with the door open for approximately 3 minutes waiting for the door to finally close. You had to give the door a push and shove to get it to finally close. They have a place setting for 2 people in the room instead of 4. It was just a unpleasant stay and not very accommodating for any size of family above 2. We are just the average middle class family and knew it wasn't the HILTON and didn't expect it to be as such, but this was dirty, small and not worth 49.99 plus tax a night. Maybe 29.99 nightly would be an appropriate price to charge.

Room Tip: Smoking floor is the 3rd floor and make sure if you are a non-smoker to get a room that is non-smoki...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Deana F
Marti R, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Deana F Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate all the feed back we receive. Your review gives us the opportunity know what we are doing right and what we need to improve. I apologize for your less than great stay. We have made may changes to our staff and to the rooms since your stay. We also have new flat screen TV's and are scheduled for new furniture in the spring. I hope that you will consider giving us an other chance, we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Recent reviews are very positive..and we fell for it. My husband and I stayed here in July 2013 for two nights. Check in was pleasant as Lashonda was very welcoming. But that is where the good service ended. Our shower was disgusting with orange/brown stains and spots on the shower floor and walls. There were also a few similar stains on one of the pillowcases. We called the front desk and went to get a new pillowcase, and we were told that our shower would be cleaned in the morning. Well, sure enough we came back later the next day to find that it never was cleaned. There was dirt on the sink, we couldn't open the main after-hours door and the hallways were loud with people congregating and talking/goofing off with no regard for others. There was also stale food sitting out in the hallways. Our room smelled like some sort of chemical the entire time. We had no Kleenex/tissue paper, paper towels or napkins, or a hairdryer, and we had barely any shampoo. We felt very uneasy even touching the linens after finding the spots on the pillowcase and shower. Thankfully we only stayed two nights here and didn't have a need for the kitchen. I seriously doubt this room was cleaned thoroughly before we stayed here. We will not return.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Linds90
Linds90, Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that your received good customer service from LaShonda. I am so sorry that the remainder of your stay was not the most pleasant. We are an extended stay hotel and do not offer many of the amenities that comes with a more costly nightly hotel. We do offer a clean room and I am very sorry that your room was not up to our normal standards. I have discussed the issues you mention with my staff and assure you they have been taken care of. We were sold out for the 2 nights that you stayed and did have many guest enjoying their stay and visiting in the hallways. I apologize if they did not consider other guest. We are scheduled for new furniture in the spring and have already added new flat screen TV's to all of our room. I hope that you will give us another chance and look forward to see you again.
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Arranged to stay here during the Hampton Jazz Festival the customer service from George (front desk on arrival) and Frank (over the phone while traveling to hotel) made my first stay at Suburban Extended Stay pleasant. Both gentlemen were extremely helpful in every way. I would definitely stay there again. Thanks for a great experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LadyRH
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Lady RH,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. George and Frank will be pleased to receive your kind words of praise.

Once again thank you for choosing Suburban Extended Stay Hampton.

Marti
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here before, and it wasn't a very pleasant stay. We decided to give them another chance since George was so great last time. I'm glad we gave them second chance. The rooms were cleaner, and the customer service is always great. There are restaurants and shopping nearby, but this one particular restaraunt has the best fried chicken (Chuck's famous fried chicken on Magruder). Lashonda was just as helpful as George was ....so that shows me all of there front desk staff is great and trained appropriately. I definately will recommend this hotel from now on.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank colemanlatisha
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
WOW!

On behalf of my staff, I would like to thank you for giving us a second chance.

We accommodate may guests each evening, and we strive to make each and every night stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices.

Let me thank you for your kind words of praise regarding LaShonda and George. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to our next visit.
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

DYnamic Hotel, easy to find, and near the highway for easy travel to malls and other shopping. LaShonda, George, and Frank have made my stay an excellent and enjoyable. They provided 1st class customer service and grew more pleasant with eash encounter. The manager MS. Marti was a charm as well. If you are looking for a place to relax and not noisey or off the beaten path of civilization. The Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton is a place to do it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Willie C.
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. However, it is only though our guest's eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words,

KIN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Great hotel, literally five star quality customer service.

Very clean rooms: well equipped though renovations would add much to the experience. Reliable, convenient services. Excellent location, close to shopping and recreational sites. Great value. Great choice for business trips of extended durations.

Room Tip: More centrally placed rooms have a stronger wifi signal and therefore better Internet connections.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
On behalf of our staff, I'm writing to let you know how delighted we are to receive the kind words of praise. Good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That is why it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts. Again we appreciate the kind words, and look forward to your next visit.
Windsor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

My husband & I like to plan weekend getaways whenever we can. We chose this local hotel because it was close to everything we wanted to do. The new Hampton Towne Center is right up the street for any shopping needs. There are many restaurants close by, also. The room was clean, and the very nice girl at the desk even gave me three extra pillows! The shower was comfortable and relaxing. Great value. We'll stay here again!

Room Tip: We are smokers, and they welcomed us and provided each of us with our own ashtray.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your kind words. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and look forward to your next visit.