“George was great”

Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I would like to thank George for the customer service at the suburban extended stay George was great and was ready to help with anything that was need during my stay!!!!

I can not wait to stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Troy N
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I am sure George will be happy to hear that he was able to assist in making your stay here a good one.

There are newer reviews for Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Just needed an overnight stay so didn't really want to pay to stay somewhere expensive...was given an early check in, the front desk representative (I believe her name was Takiyah) was great, made check in quick and easy. Room had a queen sized bed, partial stove top, microwave, refrigerator and freezer. Room was clean and comfortable, the shower was great. Only downfall is if you have a small child you don't have the option to give them a tub bath because it was a stand up shower only. They are in the process of upgrading the tv's in the rooms so some have older models while some have newer flat screens. Not all cable channels are accessible but I guess that would only become an issue if you were staying for an extended amount of time. Only issue was the fire alarm blaring in the morning. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Taa721,

Thank you for taking to time out of your day to write a review. We appreciate all feed back.

We are working on replacing all of our TV's and should have that task complete soon. In the spring we will have new furniture pieces in the room as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Marti

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and will recommend it to anybody. They have made my stay extremely comfortable and all staff has been accommodating. George has been there every time i have stayed there. He's super in his delivery with all guests. A great listener and very imformative. LaShonda has also went out of her way to be helpful always smiling and I'm very grateful to her for the computer assistance with the free wifi. The manager, Marti has always been available and helpful. She has a warm welcoming demeanor. I feel as a friend when speaking with her. Suburban has always been clean and orderly. The team that keeps the hotel together have always been really sweet. Maintenance was quick to show up when i put in request for my stove burner to be replaced. i didn't wait even ten minutes before he showed up. Great stay......Thank you......Susan M.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank susan m

Susan,

Thank you for all your kind words, the team is always happy to hear when they are doing well.
Giving the very nature of the business , the hours are long and demanding. that is why it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staffs efforts and take the time to say so.

Marti

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I find it pretty hilarious that there are "excellent" reviews for this hotel. I don't know if they logged on and rated themselves or what, but they in no way match the experiences I have had at this place. I WOULD AVOID THIS PLACE, THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHERS TO CHOOSE FROM IN THE AREA.

Here are a few highlights of my stay at the Suburban:

1) First off, I do have to agree that the staff is very friendly. That is completely true, they are very nice. That is where the list of positives end.

2) The front desk closes at 11 pm. Not a big deal, but if you are coming in late from out of town it is something to be aware of.

3) The rooms are terrible. Not only is the furniture & bed run down in general, Highlights have included: cabinet doors that were literally falling off of the cabinets when I arrived, furniture that was falling apart, rooms that absolutely wreaked of animals (it smelled like a wet dog was still living in my room - I don't know what they do with that $70 some dollar pet fee, but it is clear that they don't spend it doing a thorough clean of the rooms), clogged toilet when I checked in, leftover food in the room, subpar cookwear, etc. Truly, the smell of the room alone was just awful. The first time I stayed, I tried to air it out but it didn't help. I asked to switch room and before I even could explain why they said sure no problem - implying that they KNOW that the rooms smell terrible and that it happens so often that they don't even bat an eye when you ask to change. This shouldn't be the way it is.

4) Prostitutes around the hotel. If you are looking for that kind of thing, you may enjoy this place... but for me, this is not what I am looking for in a temporary residence. The staff knows about it and even laughed with me. I guess they don't see a problem with this...

There are tons of other hotels & extended stays in the area. Once I was able to negotiate a lower rate with one of them, I left the Suburban immediately. I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank George S
Marti R, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

George S. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear the staff treated you well. Being an extended stay hotel we do have limited office hours, however we do have the information posted explaining how to reach the after hours call service. When the office closes we also lock our doors thus allowing only quest with active room keys to enter the hotel after hours. I do apologize for having checked you in to a room that was below our standards. I assure you the issues you mentioned have been addressed by the maintenance and housekeeping staff. I am happy to hear that the front desk offered you the best customer service possible and changed your room without asking for an explanation. We do our best to accommodate all of our guest request with out question whenever we can.

Marti R.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I checked into this hotel this past Saturday and was knocked out by the smell of mold as soon as I opened the door to the room. We opened the window hoping for the smell to exit and it did not. There were dirty towels left in the bathroom floor and nails sticking out of what was supposed to the a night shelf between the beds. There were ants taking over the stairwell. We exited the building and let the front desk know about the problems. A refund was given through Travelocity so now I am happy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

kmtaylo, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review. We value all feedback, it helps us to improve. I apologize that your stay was not up to par. I have made sure all the issue you mention have been addressed with the staff responsible for the issues. I assure you that if you give us another chance we will be able to make your stay a pleasant and affordable one. I am pleased to hear that we were able to refund you through Travelocity.

Thank you.
Marti R.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

i stayed at the suburban extended stay from 8/23-8/25/13. the facilities were very clean and the staff were friendly and very helpful. george was on duty when i came in and he showed professionallism and courtesy. he answered all my questions and made me feel very welcomed at check in and during the stay, lashanda was also a big help to me when i had questions about the area and they both went beyond duty to make sure my stay was comfortable and clean. i,m from new jersey and would recommend this facility to family and friends. the staff was nice and i felt right at home ..thank you.

Room Tip: the king suite are wonderful
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank mrsmith674

Mr. Smith, Thank you for the kind words in your review. We strive to accommodate all our guest and offer the best customer service possible. The staff appreciates it tremendously when a guest take the time to write such a great review.

Marti R

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed here during our son's AAU basketball tournament and loved it. The hotel was nice and clean and they provided fresh towels for our team everyday. George was great and cared for us like we were family. We travel with the team frequently and have never experienced such hospitality. The price, location and friendliness all added up to a great stay. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Moniluv71

Moniluv71, Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review. We appreciate it anytime a guest gives us feedback. I helps us to know what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. George is great and I am happy he was able to offer you his best. We look forward to seeing you and the team again this year

Marti R