“Good stay”

Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Nice hotel for a extended stay (limited staff). George is awesome, one of the most friendly and helpful staff members I've ever encountered at any hotel. Hotel could use a little updated, but overall a good place to rest for a few nights.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank teekiya
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts, and takes the time to mention it. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Could have used more kitchen supplies to cook with....and an ashtray for the smoking room but everything great. Would definitely stay there again. Would have loved a pool but traded it for a full kitchenette.

• Stayed: July 2014
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. We strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guest all the time. It is truly rewarding to know a guest had a good stay and that the kitchen served you well. Since we do not have a pool, I do hope you were able to enjoy some of our local beaches. Again thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I had an awesome stay! the room was very clean! the cleaning staff was awesome to if i needed anything they gave it to me....i want to send a big thank you to george it was the most upbeat an out going person there! i will miss ya george!

Room Tip: great place to stay!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank caliesue
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank You Lori!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

On May 10th, I reserved one room for my family attending our daughter’s graduation at this hotel. In fact, I had three reserved three rooms (two from a different hotel). I put my mother in this location because it was a much superior hotel of the two reserved. The place is well kept. It had a mini-kitchen with min-frig.

However, there was no free continental breakfast available. This was a slight disappointment. It’s isn’t the Marriot or Sheraton. If you have modest expectation, you will enjoy this visit. There aren’t many perks. If you want to stay in a clean, great location hotel for ‘cheap,’ this hotel would be a good choice.

Room Tip: Parking is awkward with one-way entrance to the location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DrGreen2009
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

On behalf of our staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. We strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guest at all times. But it is only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and service we provide. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Marti R.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This review is so pathetic, I debated on writing it. Having decided to do so, I will maintain my verbal composure as best I can.

After having made my reservation at Suburban, well en route, my mother called me to inform me I was denied accommodations. She proceeded to advise me of the reason. It was due to a poor review of the hotel. Hasenpfeffer!!! I have yet to write a review of Suburban Extended Stay of Hampton. Unfortunately, after two stays, this will be my first review.

Everyone was so delightful and helpful. George, and the beautiful young woman who always had her hair done so well. I complemented her on the "butterflies". Pardon me for not remembering your name. My first visit was through the Polar Vortex. On my second visit, the same held true of a lovely welcome by staff. One difference was that this visit I met Michele Massey, Director of Sales at the reception desk.

I had made some inquiries with regard to an extended period stay. Her demeanor in presentation of information was unprofessional. She was rude and abrupt in tone. I thought to myself, "perhaps she is having a bad day." I began to think, "I do not want to stay here for any period of time if it meant contending with Michele." She is ostentatious!

Choice Hotels, and the owner of this hotel should take a closer look at the staff representing them. In closing, I decided to eliminate this hotel while summering over from my winters in Jamaica. Your loss!

Room Tip: Avoid the Director of Sales, Ms. Michele Massey.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Abbi F
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I would like to thank George for the customer service at the suburban extended stay George was great and was ready to help with anything that was need during my stay!!!!

I can not wait to stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Troy N
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for your review. I am sure George will be happy to hear that he was able to assist in making your stay here a good one.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Just needed an overnight stay so didn't really want to pay to stay somewhere expensive...was given an early check in, the front desk representative (I believe her name was Takiyah) was great, made check in quick and easy. Room had a queen sized bed, partial stove top, microwave, refrigerator and freezer. Room was clean and comfortable, the shower was great. Only downfall is if you have a small child you don't have the option to give them a tub bath because it was a stand up shower only. They are in the process of upgrading the tv's in the rooms so some have older models while some have newer flat screens. Not all cable channels are accessible but I guess that would only become an issue if you were staying for an extended amount of time. Only issue was the fire alarm blaring in the morning. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Taa721,

Thank you for taking to time out of your day to write a review. We appreciate all feed back.

We are working on replacing all of our TV's and should have that task complete soon. In the spring we will have new furniture pieces in the room as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Marti