Hampton Bay Plaza and Suites
US$182
US$159
Hampton.com
US$98
Candlewood Suites - Hampton(Hampton)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2011

stayed here 3 years in a row, since under new mgt. Rooms are not kept clean! In 3 weeks they never cleaned the bathroom or the room. Everyday they give you unbleached towels, a roll of toilet paper & trash bags, that's it! No cleaning ever! There are tiny black bugs in bathroom & huge roaches, gross. The hotels has gone to the bugs! We'll never come back. The front desk doesn't care their obviously aware of these problems.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank marshaf28
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Remember the saying, "You get what you pay for!" My wife and I had to stay in Hampton a few days so we could move our daughter into her dorm. We were working with limited funds, so we decided to stay at the Hampton Bay Plaza & Suite. I'm not sure why they call it a "Plaza," when it is a motel. There were very few guest, many of the people we met lived at the motel. The room did not have a clock or a coffee maker, nor did the Iron work. The condition of the sheets and towels were poor. The pillows were flat and the carpet was poorly patched from old damage. The "suite" is two connecting motel rooms. One side is arranged like a normal motel room, the other side has the sofa, small table and TV.

The front lobby is only open from 7am - 10pm (give or take). I needed to talk to someone the day of check out. I went to the front desk 3 times between 7:30 am and 9:30 am before I got someone to come from the back. It was clear that I woke him up. Don't even think about breakfast. None is offered. This was the worst motel stay ever!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Quest30
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I usually READ reviews and find them very helpful but I've never left a review but I felt the need to give my opinion as this was THEE most negative experience ever! As soon as I walked in, my 8year old daughter said "eww! It smells like smoke!" There was a stale and intense scent of old cigarettes. There were what appeared to be BLOOD stains on the carpet, strands of hair ALL over the place! The bed sheets AND washcloths all had brownish stains indicating how worn everything was! Springs were sticking up from both beds, the carpets and chairs were horribly soiled! We paid for 2nights but left the hotel at 8 the next morning after I had only about 2hours of sleep. Kids n adults right outside the door talking loudly mixed with the loud radio n TV from the room next door made it next to impossible to even TRY to sleep in this room. Oh and the sink was stopped up n hand prints on the bthrm door. We didn't wash our faces...just ran out the door in the morning.lastly, they will NOT give u a refund regardless of anything! We chose to let them keep the money n we ran away! This was a last minute decision and everything else was booked but next time, I'd rather have slept in our car!

2  Thank drcz
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I read the reviews but had no choice-had to stay here --everything else was booked-now I know why this hotel had vacancies.
I will never stay there again. The bedding was dingy and also looked dirty. Although the location to the event I attended was good, the room was terrible.
I also learned that management doubled the prices for the weekend I was there.

When I left the room at 12:00-the bathroom was fine-however, but upon my return the commode was leaking.
When I called the office, at 9:00 Sunday night-the clerk suggested that I personally walk to the office to pick up a plunger and take care of the
problem. I said absolutely not and they sent a nice staff member who took care of the problem. I found the maintenace staff to be very nice but management needs lesson in how to treat others before they lose their business.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elaine7728
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I stay at this hotel every year when attending the Hampton Jazz Festival. Mr Barot and his staff were wonderful. Our room was clean and the service was great. When my mom needed assistance getting her things to and from the room and her car, there was an African American gentleman who wore a red hat. (I'm sorry I didn't get his name but I remember him saying he was from Bridgeport, CT) He was VERY helpful. My mom walks with a cane and this man was always there helping us. Even at the expensive hotels you don't get that kind of service (Kindness counts for something) We Will be staying there next year as we do every year.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends