“Location is key”

and 1 more site!
Hampton Bay Plaza and Suites
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 16 May 2010

OBAMA was here in Hampton last weekend. The experience was humbling. A couple of my extended family members came from out of town. They were looking for a hotel near Hampton University. They came across Hampton Bay Plaza and Suites. The hotel was reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. The staff was very welcoming and during the hectic weekend they went the extra mile to make it feel like home.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Passionfruit01

Reviewed 7 January 2010

I agree with almost everyone who made a review of this motel. My fiance and I decided to stay at this motel while i was visiting in Hampton, and when i tell you how dissapointed i was, i could not belive it. When we first got into the room, it did not have the best odor, but i still tried to give the room a shot. The shower was ugly, and stained, they only had two small washtowels and face cloths, which were raggedy looking, and disclored (where not pure white), lets talk about the most disguisting part of this all. The Bed, i will never forget. i pulled the cheap, light comforter off to inspect the sheets as i do at each hotel, and they were stained, stained white sheets. This night was supposed to be special for my fiance and I but i was so freakin turned off, it was so pathetic. I had the worst night there, slept ontop of the comforter all night, and did not get any sleep. Most people who write reviews just dont like a place because they may be picky, but i can honestly say i dont ever write reviews, and i tend to try and be an understanding individual because nothing is perfect, but this was horrible. Please believe me when i say, find somewhere better to stay. We stayed at the La Quinta two night before we stayed at this dump, and it was great and about the same price. i would recommend The LaQuinta if you still want to be close to the interstate.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zoomer10
Reviewed 5 July 2009

We decided to stay in the Hampton area for the 4th of July. With easy access to the beach,malls, and several other attractions we definitely thought we had a bargain. Boy was I wrong. When we first pulled up to the motel, my mouth dropped and not in a good way. My first impression was that we proabably wouldn't make it for two days without being robbed. The first room we got had an awful stench to it, so we asked for another. The 2nd room was just as bad. The shower head was falling out of the wall. The bathroom was very nasty as was the entire room. Please take me seriously when I say that I wouldn't recommend this motel to ANYBODY. Please just spend the few extra dollars and stay somewhere else. My cousin found a crack pipe in his room. That is how bad this dump is. The towels and wash cloths were paper thin and very raggedy.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank lkp617
Reviewed 1 July 2009

Please do not stay @this establishment. My sister and I both experienced clear evidence of bed bugs. At 3:30am my sister went back to her room and pulled back the covers and there were bed bugs crawling in her bed. Her, her fiance and his sister (they had adjoining rms)reported this to the front office and asked for a refund. They had to call the police to get their money back. While out shopping the next morning and unaware of my sister's situation my daughter called me to come back to the hotel. She checked my bed and there were blood stains on the mattress & in the seams of the mattress & box springs from bed bugs. She saw & killed one on the wall. I notified the manager and showed this to him. Because they did not see a live bug they at first refused to refund my money. I also called the police. They (managers) were rude and very disrespectful. One of his own employees looked at the mattress & told his boss "you cannot dispute this & you should refund her money) After arguing more than 1/2 Hr he finally relented (after my daughter said she would report him the health department) & refunded 2 nights to me and two other guests w/me. On Saturday 6/27 we checked into the Savannah Suites. My daughter's mother-n-law checked in before we could reach her & her room had to be changed because of some type of black bugs crawling around the base of the toilet. He refused to refund her money. The police obtained & gave me the name & address of the corporate office to file my complaint with them as well as with the health Department. PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THE HOTEL!!!!!! THIS IS THE GOD'S HONEST TRUTH.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank hamptonjazz
Reviewed 5 September 2008

I found this hotel through Hotels.com and thought the price was good. I didn't expect it to be like a fancy hotel you would found in New York City but something clean and comfortable. It is in a great location off of the highway and was not that far away from the Blackbeard Pirate Festival. I booked ahead of time because I thought the place would be busy because of the event, talking about being totally wrong.

When we arrived you could count the number of cars at the place. We were around back which was not a problem since we were towing a U-Haul trailer behind the van. The place was quiet and seemed safe, which it turned out to be right about that.

Upon entering the room it was clean and size was just right. Clean towels and sheets on the bed. We had a king size bed that was comfortable.

The bathroom was clean but when you looked at the shower it just a liner, not plastic liner. The base of the toilet needed chaulking. That was Friday night.

The next day we got up and went to the Blackbeard Pirate Festival and worked. When we returned to the room the trash can was not emptied, no fresh towels or cups replaced. It would have been nice to go in after working all day to have some fresh towels and a few clean plastic cups.

Stephen went around to the lobby to see if the person at the desk would give us some clean towels for taking a shower. He noticed a car outside with some children in the car. The woman at the desk was not nice and made a big deal out of giving him two towels. After he left the lobby, he waited outside to see whos children were in the car. Being a Father and Grandfather, he was concerned about the children being left in the car without any Parents around. He waited and as soon as the lobby was emptied the woman behind the desk came out. She had turned off the lights in the lobby and got into the car with her children to drive off. When he returned to the room, he told me what happened and how rude she was to him. What would a guess do during the night if someone should happen.

Sunday morning when we left no one was in the lobby behind the desk. The place is in a great spot for easy on and off the highway. It is not that far from the Blackbeard Pirate Festival and the price was right but it is not going to be in business if it keeps up the bad service that it gives. Get your act together because you would be getting more guests if the place was nice.

The one ice machine close to our room was broken but I found another one not to far away. It was nice that the place had a washing machine, don't know if it worked but how are you suppose to dry your clothes without a clothes dryer.

The place advertised interenet service in the room, what interenet service, they was none.

The next day at the Blackbeard Pirate Festival I was telling them about the place and not to stay there.

I was looking for a place that I could get some sleep and get a shower. As far as room service, I don't think wanting fresh towels or having your trash emptied is asking to much.

Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank Robinsfido
Reviewed 2 July 2008

This hotel was a total dump. The pool was dark green a roped off. The outside trash cans haven't been cleaned a grim all over them for years. (flies swarmping everywhere) The ice machine were all broke and when we told the attendent she stated well I guess we don't have ice then. The dumpster which was right in the middle of the parking lot was over filled and smelled horrible.
And to top it off we seen someone urinating on the soda machine. We checked in about 7 pm and by 8:00 we packed the family up to check out it was that nasty. We told the attendent about the nasty conditions and she said expedia lies to people about the rooms. It was not expedias fault the pool was green, everything was filthy and someone urinated on the soda machine. Oh and there is no restraunt or bar like their web site
says there is. We check out and for $30 more we stayed a few blocks down at the Holiday Inn that was superb. Gym,2 pools restrauant,bar ect... Believe me don't try to save money and stay at this hotel it's not worth it.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family