“Pitiful Buffet”

Good for: Child-friendly
Newport News, Virginia
“Pitiful Buffet”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

When Teppanyaki Grill and Buffet restaurant first opened in Hampton it offered very good Asian and American food in a buffet setting. We ate there frequently. Over the past year, we have seen a consistent deterioration of food quality, variety and service. It had been several months since we had last eaten there and decided to give it a shot recently. What we found were closed food buffet stations, food quality worse than we remembered, and staff that did not understand English. Restaurant focus is on reducing food and service cost. The result shows it.. We will not be back..

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank al0113

Falling Waters, West Virginia
“Yummy!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was a great buffet for our large group. Everyone was able to enjoy a little of everything and even the youngest among us was happy with the selections.
The odd foods - octapus / Kimchi - were a source of fun and laughter among the teens!

Visited June 2014
Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Nice Variety”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The restaurant has a nice variety of Asian dishes, as well as some American fare. The clams were especially tasty. Also, the price is very reasonable.

Visited June 2014
Hampton, Virginia
“Beware of Cockroaches on the Buffet”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I visited Teppanyaki for lunch on 3/27/2014 with a co-worker. We were getting food from the hot bar and as my co-worker got his food two cockroaches crawled out from under the pan. I was disgusted and we decided not to eat anything. When I took our check to the counter I tried to explain about the roaches and that we didn't eat anything but the employees did not understand or pretended not to understand what I was saying. They did deduct for one buffet but I still had to pay for the other even though we did not eat. I will not eat there again.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Tina T
Bethesda, Maryland
“It was ok.”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

I don't like that they charge$1.69 for hot tea. Chic and broccoli was good . Real chicken. Calif roll and Inari was good.

• Visited February 2014