“Nice Find”

The Greene Turtle
Ranked #51 of 307 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Located in the outdoor shopping center off of W. Mercury Blvd in Hampton VA.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stopped in because we wanted to get off the freeway, we had just spent almost 2 hours getting across the bridge and tunnel into Hampton on our way to Newport News. Need to stretch and get some dinner and frankly stopped at the first restaurant we came to which happened to be a bar/diner. There feature for that night was prime rib, which looked amazing and a lot of people were ordering it (I don't remember the price but it was ridiculous great price), we both ordered a beer, and the buffalo chicken sandwich and it was also very good. Staff was super friendly and we are very glad we accidentally stopped in.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I stopped in for lunch yesterday and was presently surprised at the good lunch menu. I had the Pattie Melt and she had the Burbon Burger and they were both great.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and son and some of his friends ate here. Everyone commented on how good there food was. I ordered the fish tacos and the were amazing. The staff was very friendly and always checked on us to make sure everything was ok. We are planning another trip to Hampton Va this year and The Greene Turtle will be a not miss.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from lunch and want to thank the staff for a wonderful experience. Tristan (bartender/server) and Hanser (manager) exceded all our expectations. When we entered they recommended the bar area which was quieter do the large crowd of soccer fans in the dinning area. Being a Sports Bar and Grill they asked if I would like to watch something different on one of the many TVs. I asked for the US Open and they set two or three tvs on golf.
Tristan explained all their promotions, reward programs, military discounts and specials. She alsomade some lunch suggestions. The food was excelent, Thia Tacos for me and a Jerk chicken salad for my wife. The servings were large and delicious. The manager (Hanser) had an excelent knowledge of the beer menu. Having just returned from Germany my wife was looking for something simular to what she had there and Hanser discribed 2 varieties and gave her a small sample. He hit the nail on the head and we ordered 1 of each. The staff was so impressive I had to do this review. Great food, staff, decor. Booths in the dinning area have individual TVs so you can watch your sport of choice. This may be new sports venue.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Crab dip was the best. Tee was the bartender she was very nice and professional. Small bar good beer selection