“Good stay”

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Good stay”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Stayed two nights property's secluded and quiet. Rooms were well maintained mall across the street walking distance lots of restaurants in area kitchen in rooms microwave pots pans silverware all provided room was huge all and all great stay would recommend and stay again

Room Tip: Use Priceline
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hampton - Coliseum, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Larry - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the area as well as the amenities that we have to offer .

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Robin was so helpful and made our experience a memorable one. She was very efficient, attentive, great listener and showed compassion about the reason to why we were checking into extended stay. Robin willing to go the extra mile to make sure that are hotel stay went well.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hampton - Coliseum, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a pleasant review about Robins' customer service and your recent stay with us. It pleases me to know that Robin was helpful, courteous, and efficient when assisting you. Overall, it is mine and the staff's goal to treat each of our guests with great compassion and to go the extra mile for them.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I have been staying at the ESA on and off since Nov 2011. I have seen many changes come to this hotel. I like the new management team, they are awesome!! (Hello Lameka & Angel ) they have added new flat screens, a grab and go breakfast, new bedding and the wi-fi is completely free.
The location of the hotel is great! You are not only close to shopping and entertainment but the highway is literally right here making going east or west very easy!! The atmosphere of the hotel is pretty good although you may have to forgive some of the other guests smells of whatever food they may be cooking, that tend to linger through the halls.
I have had an excellent experience with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.
Before I end this review I would also like to say what an awesome job the maintenance team and housekeeping team does, they are great!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hampton - Coliseum, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you love all the changes Extended Stay has made. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I have been staying here for all most two weeks now and I love this hotel has been great here its a friendly place to its relaxing very nice the view is even nice than most of the hotels her I will stay here as long as I can. Angel is a great person she is the best manger that any hotel has had

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hampton - Coliseum, responded to this review, 19 January 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Hampton - Coliseum. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Very friendly atmosphere all of the staff is very welcoming. I have had an excellent stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!! This hotel has definitely been my way away from home when I needed it.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Patrice757
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hampton - Coliseum, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Hampton - Coliseum. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Hampton
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times before for extended periods. Usually, it is a pleasant stay with minimum concerns. This year, however, has been quite trying. An annual event took place while I was visiting. Perhaps this is a contribution factor to some of the problems that arose.

Due to the lack of communication, my vehicle was towed. Desk clerks were adamant that all guest received notification that cars not displaying a parking decal (actually, it was a typed blue sheet of paper that simply said HOTEL GUEST). However, many cars were towed. Including the desk clerk's. My car was returned the nest day damaged. I have been advised by the manager that I should pursue the towing company. And if needed, Extended Stay will be a witness for me.

The internet was out for about 3 weeks. I can't quite remember if this was before or after the fire alarm that went off and we stood outside for about an hour at 3:45am one Saturday night/Sunday morning. And coffee was a commodity that was unavailable for at least a week or more. Most amenities that had been advertised were not provided. One desk clerk shared with me, "These things are offered for free."

Employees tried diligently to correct these matters, but lack of supervision was evident. George, the hotel manager, had taken vacation during one of the most chaotic times in the city. I am not sure if things would have improved if he had been onsite based on my observations. Guests are often seen in the lobby and hallways in pajamas, without shoes or shirts. When I mentioned this to him, the response was, "Some people treat this as their home."

I love visiting this city and this hotel is located in the center of everything. I am attributing this past experience as one to grow on. After all, it could have been worse.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Diane W
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hampton - Coliseum, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Hampton - Coliseum. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologiesI do appreciate the time you took to detail your past stay with us, and am sorry you had such a negative experience. I am pleased to inform you that this hotel is now under new management. Thanks to our current staff, revised training standards, and hotel upgrades, we now achieve an outstanding level of guest satisfaction. I do hope you will let us show you just how much this hotel has changed, now that it is under new management, the next time you need accommodations in the area.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. The towing incident was an unfortunate situation and was handled the best way possible by hotel management. Thank you for bringing the coffee and internet situation to our attention. These issues have been corrected. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Was looking for a Suites hotel with Refrigerator and Microwave close to the Hampton Roads Convention Center. This is an extended stay hotel at a low price point. You pay a touch more for the small extras but to be able to have a Refrigerator was great. There are competitive low price point hotels all about but this seems to be the only one this close at this price point. Close to the Convention Center and all kinds of shopping needs including Target, WalMart, McDonalds, Convenience Stores and 24 hour drug stores.

It's not perfect. Only 2 sets of dishes and utensils so you are constantly washing dishes, no dishwasher. Old style tube TV and simple Clock Radio.

There is a clothes washer on site.

This is a simple cost effective location.

To give you a measure of value...The Embassy Suites was nearly 4x the price during the week and over 2x on the weekend for this event.

Room Tip: Only one elevator that is in the front lobby. Front parking fills early. 3 other entrances but onl...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Gary H
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hampton - Coliseum, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Hampton - Coliseum. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Our hotels are currently upgrading our televisions to flat panel televisions! We also keep additional dishes and utensils at the front desk, should you ever need more. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.