“Nice family area”

94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Nice family area”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Beach had some seaweed, but was nice. Tons of families hanging out and picnicking. Live band on Sunday night.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Better beaches than this...”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I know they done a lot of recent renovations to this place but I still don't like it here, I begrudge paying so much just to stroll on the pier and the toilets were not that clean. Could do with more parking

Visited August 2013
1 Thank tlacey81
Mechanicville, New York
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent beach on the bay”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean, lifeguards on duty, small waves that little kids and adults alike can enjoy. 2 small food cart vendors (not such good food). Overall a calm and peaceful beach. Parking was ok too! Oh yeah, and it's FREE!

Hertford, North Carolina
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“BEACH With out Tourist TRAPS: & Playground Got to go. Hampton,VA”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This beach is easy from Williamsburg area. It is before you hit a bunch of traffic on going through the tunnel to Norfolk. It does not have hotels, food joints. But what it has is grills to grill out it has a playground on the beach. It has new bathrooms and it is in the middle of some fantastic expensive homes. It has a little board walk area to walk. It has life guards. It has what you want with out the travel and all the traffic. You have to go see. Everyone wants to do VA Beach once then they look for quiet and calm this is it.

5 Thank Karen A
Medina, Ohio
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Beach Near Williamsburg”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I wanted to take my family to the beach one day. We were staying in Williamsburg. I think most people travel down to Virginia Beach for this, but we tried going to Buckroe instead. It was great for us because it was our first time taking our little guy, almost two, to the beach. There was hardly anyone there besides the locals, I assumed, and the beach was fantastic. It's on the bay, so the water is not as crazy as going to a beach on the Atlantic. This was great for getting our little guy out in the water. I think the crashing Atlantic waves would have been too much for him. Clean, large, life guards on duty, parking, playground, bathrooms.

I should note anyone looking for a traditional tourist boardwalk should not come here. To the community surrounding this great beach....keep it up!! Thanks for sharing it.

1 Thank watchyoursix