“A hidden gem”

Paradise Ocean Club
Ranked #133 of 307 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My husband and I walk along the "boardwalk" at Fort Monroe quite often. We stopped by the Paradise Ocean Club for the first time last Saturday for lunch. I had the buffalo chicken wrap with tortilla chips and pineapple salsa. My husband had a cheeseburger and French fries. Everything was delicious and very fresh. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. We definitely plan to return soon - and often!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We came upon this place by accident after having lunch nearby in Ft. Monroe. We were from out of town and looking for a beach to relax on. This place fit the bill! For 10.00 a piece you had access to the beach, pool, lounge chairs and an umbrella. There was waiter service on the beach for snacks and drinks, you just put up your blue flag and they would come right over! We spent the day on the beach, and decided to stay and eat dinner. There was a great live band playing, starting about 7:00pm and were we able to watch people dancing and having a good time. We actually went two days in a row. The food was really good, I was quite surprised!
We shared a pound of steamed shrimp and I had a tuna steak and hubby had a crabcake. The cole slaw served with my dinner was the best I ever had.
There were all ages of people, couples and families and big groups of friends. Security was on watch to make sure no one got too unruly, but I didnt see any of that. I would feel fine taking my kids there. We will go back again, it was great!

1  Thank bayahibe2
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Paradise Ocean Club features outdoor dining and socializing on a deck overlooking a sandy beach with waves lapping the shore from the Chesapeake Bay. Beer and Bar food are the order of the day. The salads, fried shrimp & oysters, fish tacos make for tasty fare at reasonable prices. Crab cakes, fish and some steaks are also also offered. Enjoying a dinner and beer in the beach ambiance is the draw. Food is better than many similar venues,but it is the beach atmosphere that is the draw. We were entertained by Dolphin playing just offshore in the Chesapeake Bay.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is the second time I've eaten at the Paradise Ocean Club, which may explain some of my confusion. The first thing is that on entering the beach area I was asked to produce ID - no question as to whether I was going to order a beer, wine, or mixed drink, just prove my age. This seems a bit silly, especially since I'm 69 and surely look older than 21.
I then went to where I had eaten before, an area located at the end of building where the old Casual Bar once catered to the younger officers. I sat down at one of the many empty tables next to where a waitress cleaned a table. And sat. The owner, whom I've known for many years, saw me and came over. I asked about service and learned that this was now an "order at the bar" room and that the dining room was in part of what had been the auxillary dining room. He told me how to get to it, which is good, as there was no sign saying "Dining Room" or anything else similar.
Once inside I was treated to a quick response and a quickly filled order. I selected a fried shrimp Po-Boy, which was quite good. However there were no utensils on the table, even after the sandwich was brought until I asked for a napkin. BTW, the napkins are cloth, perhaps left over from when this was the Officers' Club. As I ate the room began to fill up and I noted that orders were promptly filled.
I will return, but some signage seems to be in order.
Personal disclosure. I know, and have known for many years both the owner and the manager.

3  Thank GrandpaGene
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Great place to spend a summer afternoon. Admission is only ten dollars which gives you access to the pool with it's and private beach. You can access the restaurants and bar without paying the admission fee. The pool area offers you a snack bar and ice cream stand. The other restaurant offers indoor and outdoor seating and has a pretty extensive menu. I love sitting outside and watching the ships pass through the bay.

3  Thank ForkU

Been to Paradise Ocean Club? Share your experiences!