“Excellent customer service”

The Barking Dog
Ranked #8 of 300 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An abandoned waterfront Fish Shack. An audacious idea. Hot dogs, hamburgers, craft beer and a simple philosophy...exceed expectations and embrace community. A rustic gathering spot for all walks of life.
Virginia
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

My family (me, husband, 6 yr old, and 21 month old went here at 5. It was my daughters birthday and all we had eaten was cake. Everyone was coming down off sugar and acting like a HOT MESS. Well, I thought they had a chicken basket--and that's all both my kids will eat. I was dying to try the fish tacos but my kids and husband started whining. So after we got sat, we got up and had to leave. HERES THE POINT: we were a mess, but the waitress was great and understanding. We will return without the kids. It looks like a great place to sit outside by the water with a beer and some good food. Not a place for little ones (no high chairs and picnic table or bench seating), but looks like a cool place. We will return.

Visited August 2014

“Great spot!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great spot if you are looking for a Brat, dog, crab cake, and want to sit outside in comfort! Best canned craft-beer selection around for sure! Spicy Brat/Sausage concoctions. Not to be missed if you're in Hampton.

• Visited November 2013
Hampton Roads
“Fun evening adventure”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Wanted something different so figured I would give this place a try. My coworkers always talk about it.

They were pretty busy for a Sunday evening but we got a table by the water after a few minutes.

Service was fast and friendly. Tried the corn dog nuggets, the 1/4 lb hotdogs are quite big! Fries were piping hot and portions were very good for the cost.

Will return and try something else. It's not fancy, but fun!

• Visited August 2014
richmond, va
“Love this place”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Outdoor seating, usually have to wait but not too long, often you sit with other people if there are just two of you.mi love the tuna sandwich and the banana puddings fish tacos are good but would be better with a mango or fruit salsa. I keep coming back so obviously I like it,

• Visited August 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Nothin' fancy, just good food and service!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Nothin' fancy, just good food and service! A great place to sit outside and enjoy a good burger or dog on a nice day! A bigger menu than you would think, and don't let the looks fool you- this is one of Hamptons best kept secrets!

• Visited July 2014

Been to The Barking Dog? Share your experiences!