“Fantastic Food, Great Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 296 Restaurants in Hampton
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Farm to table comfort foods, local VA Craft brews and signature cocktails in a warm relaxed environment. A true experience located in historic Phoebus, Hampton, VA.
California
“Fantastic Food, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

My husband and I visited The Point on a Friday night. As we tend to dine early on Friday evening, there wasn't anyone there when we arrived. We did notice that a lot of tables were reserved for 5pm though, so I think reservations are recommended. The Point is an inviting, clean restaurant with the tables to the left side of the space and a bar running along the right hand side, which is also where the food is cooked and prepared. It is a wide enough space that it can have tables along the left wall as well as tables down the middle without being crowded, which is nice. I also thought the lighting was good, as it wasn't so dark that it had a bar feel, but wasn't so bright that it had a chain restaurant feel. Our server was friendly and gave us all the time we needed to make decisions, which we always appreciate, especially when visiting somewhere new. We each started with a drink, my husband started with a margarita, and I started with Cat Kane's Lemonade. Both were tasty! For our appetizer, we ordered the fried veggie ravioli and this was easily our favorite out of our entire meal. I wish they had served bread with the ravioli so we could've enjoyed the dip that it is in. That appetizer is not to be missed! For dinner, we tried the lobster mac and cheese and the blackened NY strip. It was hard to decide which one was better because they were both so good. The mac and cheese has a fantastic flavor and is filled with lots of lobster meat. I was worried that the steak might be too peppery with the title "blackened", but no worries were necessary, as it was perfectly flavored and cooked. My husband and I basically shared our dinner entrees because we liked both so much. The only thing we didn't like was the side of potatoes that came with the steak, which had a very off-taste to them. Other than that, the meal was perfection. We didn't have room for dessert, but I'm sure we'll try some next time! The Point is definitely a wonderful addition to the Phoebus area and we look forward to returning soon.

• Visited May 2014

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great place for lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

At 3 pm on Friday, we were the only ones here. Surprising because the food, service and setting were excellent. I had the Comfort Club with a side of sweet potato fries. OMG, the fries were amazing! Tasty and plenty of sweet potato flavor! Decided to forgo the catsup, cause it masked the sweet potato. Club was on fresh sourdough bread with fresh grilled chicken that was sweet and juicy. Yum! My hub had the Beet Salad and loved it.

This would be a fun place on Fri evening. They have a nice bar area. And, yes, they have live entertainment (just not while we were there)!

• Visited May 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Such a hidden gem.....AMAZING food!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

From the minute we stepped foot inside the door, I loved it! We were greeted by Levi who seats us and promptly brought menus and took our drink orders. The decor is really spectacular....kind of an industrial/rustic feel. The food was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! I had the catch of the day which was rock fish. The portions are more than enough. A small side salad is enough for two. They have a great selection of craft beers and the presentation of everything is superb! I got an order of lobster mac n cheese to go amd it was soooooo amazing! EVERYTHING is made from scratch amd they do not even have a microwave in the restuarant. I HIGHLY recommend a visit to The Point....you will not be disappointed! I was too full to get dessert but the carrot cake another couple got look to die for!

1 Thank palleiske05
Hampton, VA
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Went with my daughter to try it out for lunch on Sunday. We had heard really good reports from friends about dinner and thought we could slip in for lunch when it wouldn't be as crowded. It was pretty sparse but we liked the atmosphere. We both got our fav beers, which was a good start. Menu made everything sound great. Tried the pastrami sandwich with fries while my daughter opted for the Cuban. Pastrami was sliced (pre-cut?) and too thick to handle. They need to cut it thin and then pile it on. Was difficult to chew. Fries were so-so. Daughter's bread was really hard and crispy so that was a bummer too. Bright side? Beer was cold. We'll try it again for dinner and hope that it was just a bad day.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank HokieHoo
“Just average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We went for lunch on sunday. I had the cobb salad which had way too much bad lettuce in it... one of my pet peeves.
my husband had the cuban which was good especially the crispy bread but for $12 very small sandwich.
Disappointing. Typical for this region, I'm sorry to say.

• Visited February 2014