“Home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Nashville, Tennessee
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

The first night here I locked my keys in my truck and the woman at the front desk called a couple of regulars and came out to help get it unlocked, I drive for a living so I'm in a different room every night and eating at fast food places and restaurants. The convenience of having real dishes and stovetop burners to make homemade meals for the weekend was great.. There are discount coupons in hotel travel books so it was real reasonable. The only downside was no HBO and using ethernet cable for internet but it will be my new home away from home on layovers in Virginia.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Hampton, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Hampton. While we do not have HBO at our hotel, we do have Showtime; I know this is a matter of preference, so it is good that we have addressed this on TripAdvisor so that future travelers are aware. We do offered wired internet at all of our Savannah Suites hotels, Ethernet cords are available at the Front Desk upon request. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back anytime you are in Hampton, Virginia.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
hampton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2009

it was a very simple hotel that had what is said it did. nothing fancy or over the top. everybody was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Hampton, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you for your review of Savannah Suites Hampton. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you are traveling in Hampton, VA.
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

I loved this hotel. The room was very clean and neat and I loved having a kitchenette because we did not have to go out for every meal.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Thank you for your review of the Savannah Suites Hampton. We take pride in the work that our Housekeeping staff does and our management does daily inspections to ensure clean rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are visiting Hampton, VA.
Rapid City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2009

My sister and I and our husbands stayed at this hell hole while attending the Joyce Meyer Conference April 17-19, 2009. The bedding had huge holes in the blankets and had "pills" in the blankets the size of large insects, there were no hangers in the room, the plumbing (Hot and Cold faucets were backward). the TV remote was broken, there were construction crews on our floor that sat on the hall floors and shouted back and forth through the hallway, the bathroom floor was filthy (had no bath mat so used a towel to wipe up the floor after my shower and I took photos (below) to show what the towels looked like. I had just recently had hip surgery and they had no extra pillow for me to use for my legs so I had a choice of a leg pillow or a head pillow!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Proudsister
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Hampton. Please forgive the delay in response to your review. We do apologize that your stay was not enjoyable. I invite you back to Savannah Suites next time you are traveling to Hampton, VA to see first-hand how our hotel has changed over the past two years.
Nc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2009

I made my reservation over a month in advance. There was a huge conference being held at the Hampton Coliesum and every motel anywhere close was sold out. I was thankful to have this reservation and at such a good price. Needless to say on Wed. night before my stay on Friday, I get a call saying that they were unable to honor my reservation b/c they had overbooked!!! When I asked what I was suppose to do? They informed me I could get a room at their sister property in Norfolk! Sorry that was another 30 min away! If you know the traffic there you can understand that was not acceptable! The person calling had no authority to make any decisions and I was told to call back the next day for a manager. I called, had to leave a msg. and no response. Finally by email they respond and the offer is take it or leave it. A friend gets me a room at a "sold out" motel, Embassy Suites and the service was excellent. I suggest spend the extra $. Savannah Suites should pay the difference, but will they? They have no response.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2009

The location was very convenient as was the kitchen. Simple accommodations, but very clean. Management was helpful and friendly. Lots of restaurants in immediate area - could walk. Coin laundry was unexpected, clean and easy. Enjoyed my stay.

Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Virginia Beach, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2008

My stay at the Savannah Suites was horrible. The receptionist was good, but that was the only thing good. Once leaving the check-in station the entire place smelled of cigarettes. Once arriving on my floor there was a baby running up and down the hall in a pamper. The family finally came to get the baby out of the hallway. Upon entering the room the ceiling light cover was on the bed and the wall lamp did not work. I was about 35 minutes from home and was a designated driver for my daughter and friends. When leaving to take my daughter and friends at the nightclub there were men hanging out in the hallway talking on cell phones by the elevator. Once I dropped them I got my pepper spray out of the car because I did not feel safe. I have never stayed at a place where I felt scared like I did that night. I would never stay there again. If I was not sleepy I would have drove back home after picking up daughter and friends.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — People hanging out throughout hotel
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)