“So much for requesting early check in.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 20 June 2014

In town for a conference, booked my room months ago and requested early check-in, also called two hours before I arrived. When I got here there are no rooms clean in the entire hotel. We are told they might be ready by 2:30 or 3 (3 is regular check in). So I'm sitting in the lobby watching the front desk staff - they are talking about housekeeping being out to lunch, they are laughing and joking as people come to check in. Everyone is being told to try back at 2, 2:30 or 3. I asked if they will motion to me to let me know if a room came available since I'm sitting right in front of them. Their answer "no, there are others ahead of you." Where? I asked do you have a list? No, they just remember them from sight. So even if a room is available, and I ask at the desk at the right moment, I still won't get a room cause somewhere someone asked before me (I asked months ago!)

• Stayed: June 2014
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Lgarcon123,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your checkin experience. I apologize we were unable to accomodate your request for an early checkin. We had a full house checking out the same day as the conference attendees checked in. We will be sure to share your concerns with our front desk team to coach them and to improve our services. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we hope that you give us another opportunity to provide you with excellent service.

Hotel Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for a conference. The room was great. The Happy Hour/Manager's Reception every evening was nice. Free breakfast was good. Did have some trouble with the front desk and payment issues. The Conference Center is also good and the food there was very delicious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JubaRudy
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear JubaRudy,

Thank you for sharing with us your positive experience at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads. We are glad you enjoyed the amenities we offer including our complimentary breakfast and evening reception. I would like to know if our front desk team was able to resolve the issues you encountered. If you would like to share additional information please e-mail me at PHFCC_GM@hilton.com. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon for your next visit to Hampton, Virginia!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

No significant complaints, but a few things were disjointed. I'm not accustomed to hotels charging me ten bucks a day for internet...maybe it's becoming more common, but most hotels I stay in offer free Wi-Fi.....this one doesn't. Additonally, the cellular service is very bad inside the hotel. I had a single bar (of five) in my room and my wife complained about my voice cutting in and out during phone calls. Last minor gripe: the afternoon Welcome Reception is nice - who could complain about free drinks, but sale chips and popcorn isn't my idea of adequate snacks. Not sure what they could add to make this worthwhile, but I was underwhlemed. On the positive side, the customer service was more than adequate; virtually every employee was friendly and smiling, the breakfast buffet was very good, and my room (the real reason one visits the place) was error-free. I'd return in a heartbeat. Despite the minor gripes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Robert T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and found our staff to be friendly in your encounters with them. We appreciate your feedback regarding the Wi-Fi, cellular service and Evening Reception and will share it will the appropriate departments. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next stay in Hampton, Virginia!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This place is good for social events. The rooms are average but I like the privacy of having a separate living room and bedroom. The breakfast buffet was pretty good...nothing extra special. For the price I thought it would of had more of an exotic selection but the hashbrowns are great!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Catherine G,

Thank you for sharing a review of your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads! We are glad you enjoyed the layout of our two-room suites and hope that next time you have the opportunity to enjoy the cooked-to-order station at breakfast for a custom omelet. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Today when we went to check in we were told it would be an extra $10 per person. The manager said someone has to pay for it they are not in the business to loss money. I have never heard this from a Hilton Hotel. Sounds like something you would hear from Hotel 6. Well you not only lost the night stay you lost us eating in your restaurant and tips for your staff for all the services we use. I rate your hotel and staff the very lowest I can. I will think twice before I book an Embassy Suites and will personally call and check their policies. I not assume anything. Guess it was the principal for us too.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Karen T

Dear Karen T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We were disappointed to hear you had a negative interaction with one of our team members regarding our rate policy and chose not to stay here. Rate is based upon the number of adults and if an inaccurate number of adults is calculated or given during the reservation process, the rate may change when the number of people in the suite is verified during registration. I do not want to lose a customer over this issue. Please communicate with me so I can address the issue by contacting me directly at PHFCC_GM@hilton.com. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Attended a Boo Williams basketball tournament with my family and the families of teammates. Rooms were clean and big enough to sleep 4 people. Complementary breakfast was excellent and available for a few hours. Did have to pay for wifi. Overall excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear 587mauricea,

Thank you for your positive review. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay during the Boo Williams basketball tournament and we hope to see you again soon for your next visit!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We love the comfort of Embassy Suites and this one did not disappoint on that count. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helped make our stay pleasant. Those used to healthy fare may not like the breakfast -- lots of fat and sugar here. Also, wifi is not included in the room rate.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Mary M,

Thank you for sharing with us your positive experience at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads. It was nice to hear you enjoyed your stay especially that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. The next time you visit I recommend taking advantage of our cooked-to-order station at breakfast so you can have our chef create an omelet with your choice of vegetables. We will be sure to share your feedback regarding the breakfast buffet components with our culinary team. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next stay!