“Good Quality and pleasant staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Blacksburg, United States
“Good Quality and pleasant staff”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Never stayed at Embassy Suites before, but will stay again. Only problem was having to pay for internet access. Very inconvenient and not acceptable in this age of advanced technology. In suite access should be standard, given the price paid per night. Good breakfast and nice evening reception.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Patricia R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your first experience at an Embassy Suites Hotel and the amenities included. Currently we do charge a flat fee for wi-fi but hope to eventually move to a tiered payment structure based upon bandwidth usage. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon for your next visit!

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Virginia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed recently and love this hotel. Great location, rooms are laid out well and nicely decorated. Room could have been a little cleaner in the corners. Bed was so comfortable. Nice to have a bigger frig and a table to use.

Room Tip: Stay away from the restaurant - service is slow. Breakfast was great.
Dear vatravler20,

Thank you for your positive review! It was great to hear you enjoyed your time with us at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads especially the layout of our two-room suites. We look forward to your next visit to the Hampton Roads area!

Christiansburg
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Very fast and easy check in, and all the hotel staff I interacted with were very friendly. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and I appreciated the fridge and microwave. The TV was locked down and programmed to display standard definition content in the wrong aspect ratio, but that's just my geek side complaining. Breakfast buffet was decent with a good variety of hot and cold items, and nice wait staff. Cook to order eggs were a bonus, though the line was a bit long at times. The pancake syrup dispenser moved to different locations on different days which was more amusing than problematic. Really, my biggest issue, and I'll admit this is sort of a unique situation, is with their convention catering. I was working an event in the attached convention center and was pretty much stuck in the room from 8 am until 10 pm for 3 straight days. The hotel provided box lunches for the conference, and they were uninspired at best, a bit on the nasty side at worse. One just can't eat the same tepid and gooey wrap/Kaiser roll with wilted lettuce and no flavor for 3 lunches and 2 dinners in a row...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Andrew Y,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads! We were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay especially that you found our hotel staff to be friendly and accomodating. We appreciate your feedback regarding the catering at your event and will share it will our chef. I also encourage you to share your concerns regarding variety with your conference planner as they would ultimately decide what type of food is purchased for future events. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon for your next stay!

Radford, Virginia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I love the separation of a living (changing) area and a bedroom. It just makes the room feel less cramped, especially when 2 or more people are sharing. I think the price is affordable for that option.
I do agree with a previous review that Internet really should be free, particularly since it's tied to the convention center. That was annoying.
Free breakfast, however, made up for it...just a wee bit.
Customer service was helpful but nobody went out of their way to be nice.
It was clean, modern, and, with the 2 rooms separated the way they were, quiet. Those are the most important things to me when traveling and this location worked for that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear taraship,

Thank you for sharing your review! It was nice to hear you enjoyed the spaciousness of our two-room suites as well as our complimentary breakfast. It does concern me that you didn't feel our staff went out of their way to be nice as we strive to provide exceptional service to our guests. We will certainly share your feedback with our team. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon for your next stay in Hampton, Virginia!

Martinsville
Reviewed 20 June 2014

In town for a conference, booked my room months ago and requested early check-in, also called two hours before I arrived. When I got here there are no rooms clean in the entire hotel. We are told they might be ready by 2:30 or 3 (3 is regular check in). So I'm sitting in the lobby watching the front desk staff - they are talking about housekeeping being out to lunch, they are laughing and joking as people come to check in. Everyone is being told to try back at 2, 2:30 or 3. I asked if they will motion to me to let me know if a room came available since I'm sitting right in front of them. Their answer "no, there are others ahead of you." Where? I asked do you have a list? No, they just remember them from sight. So even if a room is available, and I ask at the desk at the right moment, I still won't get a room cause somewhere someone asked before me (I asked months ago!)

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Lgarcon123,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your checkin experience. I apologize we were unable to accomodate your request for an early checkin. We had a full house checking out the same day as the conference attendees checked in. We will be sure to share your concerns with our front desk team to coach them and to improve our services. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we hope that you give us another opportunity to provide you with excellent service.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for a conference. The room was great. The Happy Hour/Manager's Reception every evening was nice. Free breakfast was good. Did have some trouble with the front desk and payment issues. The Conference Center is also good and the food there was very delicious.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JubaRudy
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear JubaRudy,

Thank you for sharing with us your positive experience at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads. We are glad you enjoyed the amenities we offer including our complimentary breakfast and evening reception. I would like to know if our front desk team was able to resolve the issues you encountered. If you would like to share additional information please e-mail me at PHFCC_GM@hilton.com. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon for your next visit to Hampton, Virginia!

Tampa, Florida, USA
Reviewed 15 June 2014

No significant complaints, but a few things were disjointed. I'm not accustomed to hotels charging me ten bucks a day for internet...maybe it's becoming more common, but most hotels I stay in offer free Wi-Fi.....this one doesn't. Additonally, the cellular service is very bad inside the hotel. I had a single bar (of five) in my room and my wife complained about my voice cutting in and out during phone calls. Last minor gripe: the afternoon Welcome Reception is nice - who could complain about free drinks, but sale chips and popcorn isn't my idea of adequate snacks. Not sure what they could add to make this worthwhile, but I was underwhlemed. On the positive side, the customer service was more than adequate; virtually every employee was friendly and smiling, the breakfast buffet was very good, and my room (the real reason one visits the place) was error-free. I'd return in a heartbeat. Despite the minor gripes.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Robert T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and found our staff to be friendly in your encounters with them. We appreciate your feedback regarding the Wi-Fi, cellular service and Evening Reception and will share it will the appropriate departments. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next stay in Hampton, Virginia!

Hotel Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton
Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central
Hampton Inn Hampton-Newport News
Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central
Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina
Candlewood Suites - Hampton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newport News South

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Address: 1700 Coliseum Dr, Hampton, VA 23666-4294
Region: United States > Virginia > Hampton
#3 Business Hotel in Hampton
#3 Family Hotel in Hampton
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hampton Rd Convention Ctr Hotel Hampton