“Excellent service, First Class Hotel!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Yorktown, United States
“Excellent service, First Class Hotel!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Spent a lovel weekend at his hotel celebrating my 30th reunion. The hotel hosted the event and was superb. The staff rolled out the red carpet and extended total first class service. Our banquet was lovely and the food was superior! Kudos to the culinary team. My suite was clean and spacious. The Atrium Lounge was a perfect setting for our after party conversations. The Cyprus Grille offers an extensive menu with many award winning dishes! Truely a fantastic all around, full service hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Toni C,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We are glad that you enjoyed your 30th reunion celebration at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads especially the food provided at your banquet. We will be sure to share your compliments with our culinary team. Thanks again for your nice comments and we look forward to your next visit!

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Hampton Road, VA, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a great hotel for family reunions. Good check in/out service. Great facilities. Good Location. The complimentary breakfast makes this hotel a good bargain. The Bailey family has had several reunions in Embassy Suites in several locations in the USA.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Dorothy P,

Thank you for sharing with us your positive experience regarding your stay and family reunion at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads. We were glad that you enjoyed many aspects of your visit including our complimentary breakfast each moring. It was nice to hear that you prefer the Embassy Suites brand for your reunions and we value your patronage. Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again soon for your next stay!

baltimore, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Basically very good stay. Housekeeping should pay more attention to details. The comforter and the pillow were stained. We checked in as a group of four;but, every day we only received three sets of towels. Even after I mentioned it. As far as restaurant quality, we did not get what we paid for in regards to price and quality. I am a seasoned traveler so compared to other hotels, it was a good experience.

Dear Andrea B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads. We are glad that overall you had a good experience at our hotel. I apologize that you found our housekeeping and restaurant services not to your complete satisfaction and I will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate departments to further improve our service. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit to Hampton, Virginia.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We arrived at 3pm. The line to check in was 30+ deep. We waited 40 minutes in line before we arrived at the counter to check in. The process was extremely slow. It felt like it was the first time that the check in process had occurred in this hotel. We asked for the manager out of pure frustration and asked him what was going on? His response was, "check in starts at 3 pm". With that response I then asked to cancel my reservation. I was told since it was prepaid I would not get a refund. I had no choice so I checked in. That was a mistake.
Pool area had soiled towels all over chairs and floor. Water in pool so dirty I refused to use facility both nights I stayed there. The managers reception was a joke. Popcorn and Tortilla chips?
The coffee and tea area are fenced off so that if you want to have coffee or tea during after the breakfast is over you must pay for it at the Hotels Starbucks.
The room was acceptable. Parking was plentiful.
I stay at Embassy suites a few times a year without issues. This was more like a Motel 6 then an Embassy Suites

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
EmbassyHampton, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hampton Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Tom C,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads. We were disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us during your time in Hampton. We did have a full house check out the same day as a large group checked in which caused some delay during the checkin process. Our staff made every effort to get our suites cleaned and ready for arriving guests as quickly as possible. We do offer complimentary coffee and tea in the guest suites as an alternative to purchasing it at Caffeina's after breakfast hours. We appreciate your feedback regarding the pool area and Evening Reception and will be sure to share it with the appropriate departments. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you give us another chance for a future stay.

White Plains, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Arrived 1 pm advised check in at 3. Arrived back 45 minutes to check in. Advised Manager more table should be open and he should be manning one if necessary, it was. Two room check in we demanded for and received internet free for two night stay two rooms. Manager after our complaint simple " comp them then. " He was not happy, he doesn't have to be, we do. Stayed in many Embassy Suites in fact staying in Fort Lauderdale for two days in August. Would cancel if friends didn't book non cancelable reservations. How can Hampton Inns be so good and Embassy Suite so bad. Stayed at two Hampton Inns this trip excellent, yet Embassy same company horribly mismanaged. Pool no towel cleanup all day. NO 24 hour coffee area, but sometime open pay for Starbucks? Loved area, will find good hotel next time!

Room Tip: All the same...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear George M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads. I apologize that you were unable to check into your room earlier. We try our best to accomodate early check in requests but are unable to guarantee them especially during a high occupancy turnaround. While we do not have a designated 24 hour coffee area we do offer complimentary coffee in each guest suite as an alternative to purchasing coffee at Caffeina's. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you enjoy your stay at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale next month.

Richmond
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was my very first time staying at Embassy Suites and I had always heard positive things. My experience was "interesting."
The room was clean and spacious, however while still in bed, housekeeping came in and asked if we needed anything, I said no thanks, and I guess they have to verify that they came by the rooms because she proceeded to ask us AFTER I told her we were in bed, to sign some book! She almost got thrown out the window!
Ok cool stuff - there is a daily happy hour with free beverages and snacks, and 10th floor guests receive complimentary beverages and snacks! Oh and it's conveniently located right across from the Hampton coliseum surrounded by lots of restaurants and stores!
Not so cool stuff- there was a basketball tournament and a family reunion so there were kids EVERYWHERE and don't get me wrong, I get it, it's a business and I have kids, and family members, but I don't like everyone else's. Several were literally sticking their dirty hands in and out the popcorn machine, while the popcorn was popping, and all the attendant said was "Did you just stick your hand in there?! I'm like "Are you guys about to get sued because some kid received burn injuries from your popcorn machine Genius?"
So I was relieved to read that from 9-11, kids were not allowed in the pool and it was adults only! Hallelujah! So I waited and went down and there were more kids in the pool then flies on.....
Oh and to add to it, some lovely kid puked and I stepped right in it. I reported it and 20 minutes later the manager on duty came down and evacuated the pool and hot tub, And not because I called, but because the Mother of the child called to report that the kid was also in the pool and hot tub AFTER she put the kid to sleep! I swear I thought I was being punked!
So all of this to say I do believe this is a great hotel I just believe that they need to train their staff effectively and manage areas more closely and maybe implement rules to accommodate all of their guests and to ensure their health and safety.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Trishatrail
Dear Trishatrail,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay. It was nice to hear that you found your room to be clean upon your arrival and that you enjoyed our daily Evening Reception. I apologize that you did not get to enjoy the adult swim hours at the pool. We will share your comments with our staff to better improve our service during high occupancy periods. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again for your next stay at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads.

Ashburn, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our room was unclean. The check-in process was arduous; I believe there was a very large group checking in at the same time -- it took us approximately 45 minutes to get to our room. Upon arrival, we determined our room's sheets had not been changed and still had hair and food in it from the last guests. The safe was not functioning, requiring us to carry our valuables everywhere we went in the hotel. The "evening reception" lacked anything much to snack on other than popcorn. We were disappointed with our overall experience, as we've normally had good experiences with Embassy Suites.

Dear Scott R,

Thank you for your review. We were disappointed that you did not have an exceptional stay which is what we strive to provide for all of our guests. You are correct that there was a large group checking in which delayed the checkin process. I apologize that you did not find your room to be cleaned to your satisfaction and we will address it with our housekeeping team. If you did not have the opportunity to share the issue regarding your room's safe with our staff while you were here please e-mail me the room number so we can ensure it is in working condition: PHFCC_GM@Hilton.com. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you give us another chance in the future!