“Great food, fabulous view”

Surf Rider Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 302 Restaurants in Hampton
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great food, fabulous view”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We love their she-crab soup (usually only served on Fridays), our favorite is the house salad with grilled scallops - healthy and delicious! When I take my elderly dad to the VA Hospital in Hampton, our "reward" is to go eat here! Ask for a window seat, it's lovely to see the boats.

• Visited April 2014

Hampton, Virginia
“Don't order beef at a seafood resturaunt”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Long time customer and fan. We went to the Hampton Surf Rider for dinner with friends last night and left thinking "why did I order steak at a seafood restaurant". Arriving at 5pm we went to the bar waiting for our friends to arrive. After waiting 5 minutes for a bartender to appear we finally ordered 2 cocktails. After being seated our waitress was excellent and knowledgeable of the menu and specials. Sirloin and crab legs was one of the specials so I gave it a try. My medium rare steak was beyond well done and overly spiced having a strong Old Bay flavor. . After enjoying a bowl of She crab soup, a dozen oysters on the half shell and salad I decided not to send my steak back because I was filling up fast and barely had room for my crab legs. I did show the steak to our waitress who remembered my medium rare order and offered to replace it. Lesson learned, do not order steak at a seafood restaurant. I will return but I'll stay away from the turf side of Surf and Turf.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Mark H
Hampton, Virginia
“"it ain't cheap, but it's good seafood !"”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Many locals go to Surf Rider for seafood. The two locations on the Peninsula are in Hampton and Poquoson. The oysters than are served, always taste fresh, are lightly breaded, and are plentiful on your plate. The many other selections are all equally delicious. Sundays can be a little crowded after church, so go earlier. Like most seafood restaurants, "it ain't cheap, but it's good seafood !"

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Brian E
Hampton, Virginia
“Lots of food for your buck! !”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Flounder and crab dip delicious! ! Flounder Sandwich is less expensive, & just get bread on the side. Crab dip is authentic; lots of crab meat and the pitas are served with the dip! ! Delicious! !

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Matyzo
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Although the Surfrider in Hampton is a little off the beaten path, it is well worth the drive. The restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating and a beautiful view of Hampton River.The good is delicious! I love their fried shrimp and seafood pasta! Be prepared to eat as the portions are generous.

• Visited July 2013