“They gave my room away”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I have never had a reservation, and arrived to the Hotel, and they give my room away to the guy in front of me when checking in. What an experience when traveling with your family. I had just drove from NY to VA and just couldn't drive anymore. That was the worst ever.

Room Tip: I'm unable to write anything to help in a situation as this.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Colleen J
niravdpatel26, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

I am truly sorry for your experience. Please call me at the hotel directly so I can assist you further.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

This place is nice we got the hot tub in the room. There pool is nice size and private; they have a small weight room. The place is off from all the main traffic but located very close to the exit on 64. Very close to the hospital. We found it very relaxing and the beds were extremely comfortable. Enjoyed this stay very much. Very romantic, relaxing and fun it just fits what ever reason you are there. Enjoy

Room Tip: The rooms are inside entry not outside. Which I always feel safer. Any location is good. I also li...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen A
niravdpatel26, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We greatly appreciate it and I will glady share this with my staff. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

My recent stay at this horel was by far my worst lodging stay ever and I travel on a regular basis. I had the unfortunate experience of having the same young lady check me in and out. I believe her name was Pat or Pam it was apparrent that she is dealing with a sustance abuse problem I say this because I could clearly detect the odor of stale liquor from the other side if the desk and her slurred speech was a clear indication of an underlying problem. I should have known that if management allowed this to be their guest first impression it would only get worst, and as I expected it did. The room was obviously cleaned to the minimum of requirements. I was greeted by a stale odor, poorly vacuumed floor, fingerprints on mirrors, urine stains around the toilet, Thankfuly I travel with some cleaning products due to previous bad experiences. Breakfast contained outdated milk, stale danish and and elderly lady that gave me the impression that I had interrupted her day when I asked for fresh milk. For these and a few other reasons I will look for lodging where they leave the light on for there guest the next time I travel to Hampton I suggest that you do the same.

Room Tip: Not at this location.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bonita C
niravdpatel26, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

I am truly sorry for your experience. Please call me at the hotel to discuss this matter further. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

From Pam at the desk to Peggy at breakfast to Sharon in housekeeping,it was the staff that made this trip a joy. Their desire to help, to be cheerful and to do their jobs well made this stay a great one. For me the bed was a bit hard bit all else was fine...a good stay at a reasonable price with a great staff!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My huby and stayed at this location twice in one week, not consecutive nights. the first night was ok, the bed was pretty uncomfortable and the room smelled funny, but we were so tired from driving and being at the hospital that it didn't matter much. The second night(different room) was much better and the bed was VERY comfortable. You can't lose with the breakfast and the cookies at the front desk are always yummy. It's very close to the hospital which was great.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank C_villeChar
niravdpatel26, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you very much. I will review this with my staff and look into your first stay. If there is anything we can do, please give us a call. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

This was another great experience at this hotel and I would definitely stay again when visiting Hampton! Excellent location, our room was very nice and clean, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating...and the continental breakfast is always a great plus!

Room Tip: Eventually, the hotel will become "smoke-free," but we asked to be on the 2nd floor away f...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
niravdpatel26, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Thank you very much. I will share this with my staff. Thank you for your repeat business

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Let me start by saying the hotel staff excluding the managers are great they are helpful and really try to make the stay enjoyable. But the managers are very evil and money hungry they could care less if you have a nice stay or not they just want your money. The pool has sooo much chlorine in it you can smell it at the front desk. When you are at the pool your eyes are burning before you get in it. My mom did not even go in and her eyes were hurting the whole afternoon after visiting the pool area. When I checked out everything was cool until I had additional charges on my card called customer service and they directed back to the hotel I stayed at. The mangers begin yelling before they even listen to what you have to say. So i asked to speak to the general manager and hes ten times worst. Still fighting to receive my refund four weeks later. Please when you stay here do it cautiously and check your statements to make sure you were not double charged.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank familyroadtripqueen
niravdpatel26, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2012

I apologize for your inconvenience. I will return back to the country on sept 10. Please contact me via telephone to discuss further. I will take care of you then. Thank you and once again i am truly sorry for your experience.