“Great Value”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hampton, VA
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was our first stay at Country Inn & Suites and we were totally satisfied. It was a very busy weekend at the hotel but we were treated with professionalism and all employees were very friendly and pleasant. The room was large and clean. The only drawback to my husband was that the rooms didn't have flat screen TVs. That didn't bother me one bit considering everything else made for a positive experience. We will return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hampton, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I will share this with our staff. Please come see us anytime, we are here for you. Thanks again.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This was my third time staying at a Country Inn and Suites but my first time at this location. It is a clean, quiet and well decorated hotel. The breakfast featured hot waffles and the staff kept the area clean and stocked. Also the front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. This hotel is a great value for the money. Regrettably, I had to stay at a different hotel the second night...it was lousy compared to Country Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Rooms were so nice and clean! Staff very friendly and helpful, pool and whirlpool was very relaxing!! Would definitely stay there again!! Hot breakfast was great and kitchen staff was very friendly, Great atmosphere!! Would recommend to all my friends and family!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hampton, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you very much for your kinds words. I will share this with our staff. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Spent two nights here with my husband on a weekend getaway. Room and hotel are quiet and clean. The free breakfast is the standard "hot" breakfast with eggs, meat and waffles, but was good. The staff was very courteous.

This place is an EXCELLENT value! Great place to stay if you are in the Hampton area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hampton, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you very much for you compliments. I will share this with my staff. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I travelled to Hampton, VA with my two high school kids to visit CNU in Newport News, VA, travelling from the South. This hotel offered 2 separate bedrooms which were clean, cool and quiet. The hotel is located in a quiet business/residential area off 64, within a mile from a lovely outside Mall, We felt safe. We were able to drive to many restaurants without having to go back on the highway. The breakfast was average, but easy and fast, and the front desk help was helpful with extra blankets. Good value for the extra room.

Room Tip: Despite being located right off the vaulted main entrance area, our room was quiet, although the hal...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lydia V
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hampton, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for your review. Sorry for any inconvenience. Please contact me at the hotel to discuss further if you would like. Thank you once again and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Shady neighborhood, advertise ATM in lobby but have to go a block to seven eleven.

Room had 2 dirty wash clothes hung over shower rod when we checked in and we were switched to a new room with no hassle but was that one clean? It appeared to be but WHO REALLY knows!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My family and I stayed here last week as part of our family vacation. The hotel is average, nothing special, but the room was clean and comfortable. Although the same can not be said for the pool area. We purposely book hotels that have indoor pools for my 11-year-old son, but even my son didn't want to swim in the pool. The pool room was unbearable to even be in, it was so sweltering hot. It was just like being in a sauna. I told my son I couldn't even stand to be in the room to watch him swim, but even he didn't want to go in. He looked at the pool and the water looked cloudy and there were a lot of hairs floating around in it too. So if you don't plan on swimming than this hotel was ok. The staff seemed niced enough.

My one other complaint was the breakfast room. It was small and the morning we were there for breakfast a group (that must have booked a large block of rooms) was there too. They all monopolized the breakfast area. Every single seat was taken by people that were all traveling together. Now I understand that they are guests too and entitled to breakfast like the rest of us travelers, but I don't think it fair one group takes over the entire room. In instances like these I think the large group should use another conference room so other hotel guests can also enjoy breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family