“Nice place to stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel was centrally located to where I needed to go. The staff was very courteous and very helpful. The room was okay, a little dark -- but, I was disappointed in the breakfast. It was hot but only the waffles were good. The eggs and bacon - not good. But, you want go hungry. It had all the amenities that you would want - and if you have time to swim the pool looked very nice. A nice place to stay for a couple of days.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please call me at the hotel to discuss futher. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at your hotel with our basketball team for a tournament (7 rooms 4+ nights each). On the last day, if we lost we would be going home. We had our bags packed in our cars and informed the staff at the front desk of this. She told everyone in our party (separately) not to check out then, that if we lost and were leaving we would be allowed to check out late with no penalty. When we lost and returned to the hotel to check out, there was a different employee who did not honor this information, refused to call a manger or owner and charged everyone for the night. Needless to say, this was NOT appreciated. The manager took several days to call us back and then did not stand behind what his employee told us/how he had trained her. He informed us that his owners would not allow him to refund us our $, but that he would send us a coupon in the mail in 2-4 weeks for 1 nights hotel stay. I feel that this was the absolute bare minimum that he could do to say that he had accommodated us, without actually making us feel that he valued our business and wanted us back. Needless to say, when we return to Hampton next year for the same tournament, we will be choosing another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please call me at the hotel if you are still unsatisfied. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The facility was very accommodating, and we all enjoyed our stay, especially the children. The staff was very kind and helpful in all areas of accommodation. We would definitely return to this facility if our family had to return to the area again. Eurita

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you very much, I will share this with my staff. Thanks again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Room was Very clean and an excellent hot continental breakfast. There were eggs, sausage, oatmeal, potatoes, waffles, 4 kinds of cereals, various pastries and juices. The staff was courteous as well. So many motels in this area had really negative comments and I was worried that we wouldn't find an acceptable place to stay. We will be returning here!

Stayed: July 2014
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you very much. I will share this with my staff

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We brought our AAU basketball team to stay here (8 rooms for 4 nights!). At the end of our stay, if we lose we go home; if we win we need to stay another night. Our cards were complete packed and we were going to check-out and then check back in if we won. The front desk told us in no uncertain terms that we didn't have to check out and if we lost, we could check out late with no late check-out fee (*multiple* people from our team verified this with independent conversations with front desk). A couple hours later after we lost, we called them immediately to say we were checking out - then the hotel said they have to charge us for an entire additional night!! It would have been bad enough if they had charged us a late check-out fee after saying they wouldn't - this was worse - an entire additional night! Absolutely no resolution from management. Totally unacceptable. Completely unscrupulous business practices. I guess they don't want our money in the future so we will never take our teams here again - you shouldn't either!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve M
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

I am sorry about your experience. I have talked to 5 different families to offer you all compensation for the miscommunication. Please call me at the hotel if we have not spoken already. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I got this hotel through Priceline. I normally have a very good experience with Priceline hotels. Howveer, thsi was not the case for this property. From the moment I arrived, I had a bad feeling about staying there. The front desk clerk was sarcastic. When I asked could I get a non-smoking room he told me "No' in a condescending manner and then berated me by letting me know that when you book through Priceline, you get the leftover rooms and then proceeded to tell me that I was free to leave and go to another hotel. I have traveled around the globe and stayed in 1 star to 5 star rated hotels and never encountered a front desk clerk more rude. As I approached my room, it was apparent that the air conditioning in the halls was not working and it felt like a sauna. When I got into my smoking room, I saw that the comforter had cigarette burns in it. In addition, when I pulled back the comforter, I realized the bed had no been made. The sheet was balled up at the foot of the bed. I called the front desk to request new sheets. When the maintenance man came into the room, he agreed that the bed had not been made. The room also smelled dirty, absent of any scents of cleanliness or cleaning chemicals. I should have saved myself the aggravation and left when the front desk clerk advised me to leave. In hindsight, maybe he knew something that I did not know and wanted to save me the trouble.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Diana D
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Diana D,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Good- Hotel was clean, People were nice. Room was small but OK Tvs are old as well as the furniture but everything worked. breakfast was the normal continental breakfast and was good..

The Bad- They had no control over the guests, there were 40 12-16 year old kids from basketball teams running all over the hotel all night and banging on 1st floor windows, the walls and stomping up and down the stairs. Forget even thinking of going in the pool or sitting out front on a nice night..Oh and get to breakfast early or its like a line for an amusement ride. And as another person on Trip advisor noticed there are some sketchy people out at the dumpster late at night. Wireless is slow depending on your room.

Im sure the times that 2 basketball teams are not here the place is much better but you have to be able to control your guests at any time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Firebuff66,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for any loud noise during your stay. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.