“Resplendent relaxation....”
Review of Magnolia House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hampton
Magnolia House Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 September 2011

From the moment I stepped inside Magnolia House until the morning I left, I was enchanted. Joyce met me at the door, gave me a tour of her home and made me feel welcome. I enjoyed the tour, and was shown to my room, "The Haven". I was the only guest for my duration and really enjoyed getting to know Joyce and Lankford. The Magnolia House is a classy, charming, relaxing atmosphere where you can relax and laze your day away. The food is superb, served with great attention to detail. Upon awakening each morning from a restive slumber, I would feel rejuvenated and ready for whatever the day would bring. The tranquil sounds of jazz filtering up the stairs was soothing and enticing. If you long for the days when sophistication and panache were the rules of the day, you must visit this establishment. Joyce and Lankford know the true meaning of "savoir-faire". I can't wait to take my husband there. Thank you for providing a place of serenity. Madelyn White, Richmond VA.

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be a treat!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Madelyn W

Reviewed 14 September 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this B&B. Our room was beautiful and very comfortable. The B&B is housed in a Victorian style large house with very high ceilings, and several areas to sit & relax. Joyce and Lankford were excellent hosts, who served one of the best breakfasts we had during our trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our stay at Magnolia was a pure delight. The innkeepers greeted us warmly and the house is stunningly beautiful. There is artwork, music, books and endless delights to enjoy... the room? We had the Ellington Suite and it was truly as elegant as The Duke was himself. A wonderful sitting room and fabulous King bed with sheets of such luxury that need to know where and how to get them. A fabulous bathroom and a spa room to die for. The spa was just right for two, and the atmosphere, including candle, luxurious robes and bath salts. The only draw back was the need to finally get out of it!

Breakfast! If you are lucky enough to be there on a Saturday morning the house special is crab cakes, with fresh fruit, fresh baked muffins and on and on. I did catch the Innkeeper in a fib. Joyce told us that this crab was local - not so, this breakfast was surely from “Heaven”! Sunday's breakfast was wonderful also.

There were also guests from the United Kingdom there and one night we all sat on the front veranda with drinks and watch the fireworks over the grand magnolia tress as presented by the Hampton Festival

Can't wait to go back soon.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My first time experience at a B & B. My stay was much more than I anticipated with real delicious breakfast daily, attendant pouring my coffee and juice and my room refreshed by the time I was done with eating. This is a late 1800 Victorian House with a warm and welcoming presence, beautiful columns, several sitting rooms including a library area that was very inspirational and relaxing as I was there for R & R. The small 24hr kitchenette area was great for drinks, tea or coffee, snack and desserts or fruit. Most of all the inn keepers and wait staff made me feel so welcome and at home. Travel to local attractions or interest was provided and I was able to come and go as I pleased with easy access. You won't be disappointed. My spouse came up to meet me and plans to return for our next anniversary get away.

Room Tip: Ellington Suite is the bomb, with a separate jacuzzi area, large sitting room, bed/bath, very nice...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbara F
Reviewed 19 August 2011

House was very nice. Room was excellent and very clean. Cookies in room were nice touch. Breakfast was very enjoyable. Skip was a super host and made us feel very welcome. The tea room with the old-fashion hat collection was very cool and interesting. Don't miss the opportunity to take a break on the wrap-around porch with the swing and rocking chairs.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This was the most relaxing place of refuge and retreat that I have ever had in America, outside of my Grandparent's Farm House in a little Hamlet, 7 miles west of Muskogee. The Magnolia House Inn was lovely, I felt welcomed and cared for from the moment of first introductions and sharing over specially prepared Vegan breakfasts. My room was a writer's dream with a desk, comfortable, cozy bed, a bookshelf full of good reads and a private bath with robe and slippers! What a wonderful place to re-center and focus on that which really matters. I was truly blessed and now consider Joyce and Lankford Blair to be my new Sister and Brother Friends! Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DrTemille
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We so enjoyed our stay here. Our room was the Haven and we liked it very much. Plenty of room to move around and places to sit. The wrap around porch is great for relaxing in the evenings. Everyone at Magnolia B&B was very friendly and helpful. We were just a short drive from Buckroe Beach. We took our bikes for riding around downtown Hampton. Breakfast each morning was delicious!!!

Room Tip: The rooms were very private and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple