Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central
US$116
US$85
US$75
Agoda.com
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanbusiness tripfitness centerbreakfast staffrestaurants and shoppingconvenient locationi highly recommend this hotelenjoyed my staythe staff was greatwould stay here againgreat place to stayjazz festivaleasy accessindoor poolexcellent staynewport news
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The Hotel was nice I would like to stay next year while visiting the Hampton Jazz festival. The only real complaint i have is that the room smelled like someone had recently smoked a cigar in there. The breakfast situation could have been improved upon.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christi_Moran, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thanks for staying with us. I'm pleased to hear that you had a good stay and hope you enjoyed Jazz Fest. It's always a crazy time in Hampton, and we appreciate our loyal guests who return each year. We hope to see you again for the 2014 show.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Have stayed at this hotel twice last year and would again this year but they didn't have the rooms I needed (booking for my tennis team). Anyway, I've stayed at several Hilton Garden Inns and I really like them - not expensive, clean and staff have been very accomodating at all of them including this one. This one is near the coliseum without being in the sketchy area right around the coliseum, near a big open air mall that has lots of restaurants, starbucks and a big Target. And across the street from a line of several restaurants including a good crab place - Joe's crab shack. The rooms are modern and nicely appointed and free wifi. And though the breakfast isn't free, the cost is pretty low and you can have eggs cooked how you want them, pancakes or waffles just made, fruit, etc.

Room Tip: Very little noise from outside whether you face forward to the street or not; did not have a problem hearing others through the walls; our room was towards the end of the hall rather than the middle
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thanks for your kind words. I'm sorry we weren't able to have the pleasure of hosting you this year but we hope to see you next time you're in Hampton. We've made some exciting improvements since the last time you were here. We can't wait to show them to you!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Everybody was so nice and helpful. Would highly recommend to a potential traveler. Well-run with excellent personnel, and has a layout and set of amenities that will highly satisfy most types of guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thanks for your review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Hampton!

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Everything was excellent from the hotel to the staff. I even messed up on the reservation and showed up a day early and they changed it for me with no problem. The exception is the very thin walls. We could hear the guy in the next room talk on his cell, sneeze, snore and flush. None of these are loud activities and should not have been heard. We've never experienced anything like it in any other hotel/motel we've stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your early arrival and that the staff treated you well. I am very sorry that you experienced an issue with noise from neighboring rooms. That is not a common challenge for our guests and I apologize that it colored your experience. If the opportunity arises, I would appreciate it if you could let us know which room you were in so that we might investigate the problem.

Thanks again for your feedback. I appreciate your patronage and wish you a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We booked the Hilton Garden Inn by naming our own price in Priceline. The price was so good, I turned right around and booked for another couple who made it a honeymoon celebration. The four us in were in town to perform at the Blackbeard Pirate Festival and wanted a place that was reasonably close to the park, yet affordable. This met that criteria in spades. We had an excellent two night stay on very comfortable beds. (One drawback: the adjustable bed selection did not work. The softness of the bed made up for it anyway.) We skipped meals at the hotel opting to eat at the Park with friends or heading down the road for a cheap dinner. The environment is quiet--surprising since it's close to a major highway. Nonetheless, the staff is courteous and welcoming. I'd stay there again if I could get it at the same or similar price.

Room Tip: We were given a handicap accessible room. If you don't need that kind of accommodation skip it. The water runs out of the designated shower area and creeps out (and sits) around the toilet area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Ahoy!

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience with fellow voyagers. We are delighted to hear that your stay was relaxing and hope you had a great time at the Blackbeard Festival. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Hampton. Until then, may the wind be at your back!