“Alley Oop for this Hilton !!”

Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Staff was great, very helpful. We were there for the AAU 6 grade Nationals. When playing in the nationals each day is a win or go home situtation. The staff made all the days stress free and under stood the schedule. They helped us run our day to day schedule smoothly.
Breafast was great!!! We had the breakfast plan package, which was perfect with 13 twelve yr old basketball players! !!
There were other teams along with the Bufflo Soldier" motorcycle conference...and we still felt like MVP's!!!!
Rooms were great.... .your standard Hilton garden rooms. Clean and neat.
Laundry room which was convenient. Across the street from the hitel was Sonics and a wholesale club ( B J/Costco)...and one sit down restaurant eatery.
Not too far from main highway with loads of stores and eateries.
Great lemon water in the open lobby ...with a great room fireplace open on both sides....great for my early morning tea and book reading time!

• Stayed: July 2013
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thanks for staying with us. We're glad we could help make your tournament a slam dunk. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it was reccomended by a good friend of mine ... and my wife and I were not disappointed. The whole property was very well kept and the staff was outstanding. There is not a single thing that could have made our stay any better!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thanks for your review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope we will get the chance to host you again next time you're in Hampton.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Had to work at the shipyard for a couple of weeks and this was close by...took all of 5-10 minutes to get there.
Much better location than staying on the other side of the MM Tunnel or HRBT and dealing with all of that traffic.
Rooms were decent...still not a big fan of window A/C units.
Had free breakfast with government rate..and that was pretty good spread along with the made to order items.
The bar was always busy so that was good to see.
Housekeeping was quick and efficient...except overnight. I always saw a room service plate or two sitting out when I got back from work at 5pm-ish and when I left at 8-ish the next morning in the hallway or elevator lobby on my floor.
Room walls are PAPER-thin. Thankfully I only had to deal with one honeymooning couple one night that caused me to put my ear buds in. I had to turn my tv up loud so I could drown out the conversations going on next door.
One other downfall was the internet. Everyday for the first few days i had to call down and ask them to cycle the power on their router because it would go out every 10-15 minutes for both of their WiFi connections and sometime stay ot for a period of 20-30 minutes.
So after the first few days, I said to heck with it and just dealt with it the rest of my stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on the end, farthest away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. It was a pleasure hosting you. I am pleased to report that we are about to undergo a complete overhaul of our network system which will resolve the internet issues you experienced. I am confident that you will not have this issue during your next stay with us. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Hampton.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

A good staff at this hotel. Very friendly. You have to pay for your breakfast but the breakfast is good by most standards. They only change the linens once every 3 days unless you request more. The old adage "You get what you pay for." applies here but I think you will be pleased with your stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your response and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Smallest pool ever - didn't use it and water didn't look all that clean. Room bathroom was not the cleanest. Breakfast was not very enjoyable -- Better off going to Dunking Donuts, Waffle House or McDonald's near by.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I am sorry to hear that our amenities did not meet your needs. We work hard to provide everything you need to make your stay productive and relaxing. In most cases we are successful, but occasionally we fall short of that goal. I apologize that your experience was less than optimal. If there is anything we can do to make it up to you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This hotel was hands down the worst HGI I've stayed in, and I stay in them about 3 weeks every month for business. To start with, I don't think they have a vacuum cleaner because it looks as if the carpets haven't been cleaned at all the week I stayed (except for the lobby, which is kept clean to draw customers, I suppose). My first day here I saw a food service tray with food left on it around 6PM, which is normal, but in this case it was still in the hallway at 7AM the next day. The 'hi-speed' internet has been unusable for most of my stay here, it will go in and out every few minutes. On my last night here, I returned to find that my room hadn't been touched at all by housekeeping, and this was after 6PM. The elevators have cracked tiles and stains on the tile that have been there all week. I'm not sure how the Hilton brand allows this property to retain the Hilton name, but do yourself a favor and don't stay here - choose another of the many nearby hotels.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, or stay on the side facing Lowe's so you can use their wi-fi.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We work hard to maintain an outstanding hotel and provide top notch service to each of our guests. I am sorry to hear that this was not your experience. If there is anything that we can do to increase your satisfaction please contact a member of our management team.

We are currently working with AT&T to upgrade our wireless system which should alleviate the troubles you experienced. We have also scheduled a date to repair the tile issue you noted later in the week, when occupancy levels will allow us to do so without inconveniencing our guests.

Again, please accept my apologies for the problems you had during your stay. I hope you will consider returning to our property in the future so that we can have a chance to prove our commitment to guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We spent 4 nights at the end of July. No complaints. Room was clean, lobby and pool areas were nice.
It was nice to be off the main road. Lots or restaurants and stores close by.
Only complaint was the bar was only open till 9pm.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thanks for your review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are looking at extending the bar hours starting in the fall. I hope you will return to enjoy this amenity next time you are in Hampton.