Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanbusiness tripfitness centerbreakfast staffrestaurants and shoppingconvenient locationi highly recommend this hotelenjoyed my staythe staff was greatwould stay here againgreat place to stayjazz festivaleasy accessindoor poolexcellent staynewport news
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The weather was cold and miserable but each day I walked in the hotel I warmly greeted. My room was always clean and comfortable. The internet worked well everyday which is not common on business travel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are delighted to hear that you had a good stay with us. We recently upgraded our internet to a fiber-optic connection. It's great to hear that it is working as well as we had hoped!

As far as we're concerned, each one of our guests is royalty. We hope that you will honor us with your presence next time you're in Hampton. Until then, we wish you warm and pleasant travels.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

it was a wonderful stay. Great breakfast! The staff was friendly and helpful. Convenient location to the convention center, coliseum, restaurants and shopping. The rooms were spacious and come equipped with a Keurig coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator:handy when traveling with kids.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I'm pleased to hear that you liked the Keurig machines. We added those in the fall and the response from our guests has been fantastic. Have a great winter. We'll look for you next time you're in Hampton.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have stayed at this HGI many times. There is an Embassy Suites very close by which I've stayed in as well but I choose this HGI over the Embassy. Simply put, it's the people. From my very first stay the people at the front desk are very nice, personable and quick with a smile and always ready with restaurant or travel advice. And they are truly there to make your stay better and are willing to help you to the best of their ability. Once you meet the manager (Mrs Williams) you will know why the staff and hotel is ran so well. She is a professional with a pleasing smile and can-do attitude. She is a remarkable young woman and a pleasure to speak with. The HGI staff have helped me several times and I wanted to thank them publicly. The rooms and common areas always meet or exceed Hilton standards. A great hotel with greater people. Well done HGI! All the best. D. Wright

Room Tip: Have not had a bad room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thanks for your loyalty and your kind words. As you said, people make all the difference and I am lucky to have each and every member of my team. I am pleased to hear that they were able to make your time in Hampton enjoyable.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Disappointed in the Hilton Garden-Inn Hampton accommodations. It was a sad day for Hilton Garden-Inn. 1. Hotel room sitting area overhead and desk lights inoperative. 2. Bathroom tub drain was clogged - resulted in standing in 6" of water during shower. 3. Bed mattress was terribly worn and uncomfortable - made reservation for two days but immediately checked out the next day.

1  Thank Larry G
Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We maintain an aggressive maintenance and inspection program for each of our guest rooms, so it is surprising that the issues you note slipped by, I will be sure to share your comments with my executive team to ensure that these issues do not recur.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove our commitment to excellence next time you are in the area. If we can offer any further assistance in the interim, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our leadership team. We would be delighted to help you.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Very pleased with our stay here. Quality King size mattress-room was clean and very friendly staff. I made the mistake of choosing elsewhere on a follow up visit and it wasn't even comparable. Will stay at this location in the future

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thanks for staying with us and for your kind words. We look forward to hosting you again soon.