“Nice hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel while attending a conference at the Hampton Convention Center. We had a king bed room. The room was modernly decorated, clean and spacious. It was equipped with everything we needed including a small refrigerator and microwave. Parking and access to the hotel was convenient and there was easy access to the convention center. We had breakfast in the restaurant one morning and it was good. There was easy access to a number of chain restaurants. I would choose this hotel again for a future visit to the area.

Room Tip: We had a room near the elevator. Because of the location of the elevator in relation to the rooms, i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Hampton. By all accounts, the conference was great. I look forward to seeing you again next year. Until then, I wish you safe travels.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your hotel staff and to let you know they saved the Hilton brand in my mind. Originally booked at Embassy Suites down the street. Got there at 10pm after driving 11 hours and they indicated they indicated there was an issue and they would have to place my family in a sister hotel (They gave away my room that I booked 7 weeks in advance). So they gave me a letter to comp my stay to take to the Hilton Garden Inn and some breakfast tickets and told me to be sure to come back to the Embassy Suites for breakfast. (yeah right).

I was furious, tired as was the entire family. We went to the Hilton Garden Inn down the street and I have to tell you, they were great. With 5 of us travelling they don't have fold out couches so they ended up giving me 2 rooms. Rooms were great and truly appreciate their efforts. Next morning we ate downstairs and the food was great. Staff was friendly and helpful and gave us some tips on where to go in the Outer Banks.

I have typically stayed at Hilton brands and the efforts at everyone at the Hilton Garden Inn truly saved the day as I wasn't planning on ever doing it again based on the experience at the Embassy Suites. Thanks

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gobluechris
Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thanks for your review. I'm happy to hear that we were able to save the day and make your trip memorable. Our cousins at The Embassy Suites have a fine operation and I am certain that they were heartbroken over disrupting your vacation plans. I am pleased that we were able to come together as members of the Hilton family to ensure that you were taken care of.

I hope we will have the opportunity to see you again when you get back to Hampton. Until then, have a great summer!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The location was easy to get into and out from. Location is adjacent to shopping and food. The HVAC was a little noisy, but typical of in wall units. I am likely to stay here again next time I visit the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you had a productive stay in Hampton. I will be sure to have my engineering team investigate the AC unit in room 335 to ensure it is working optimally. Thank you for letting us know. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We called this hotel after we had a bad experience with the country inn suites the same night. So we came here, the hotel and staff were welcoming. I did see a sticky mess by the counter which bothered me since it is a Hilton. At this point I was just worried how the rooms looked. It was clean, breakfast was good. The waitress were nice as well. The gym was great. The pool was good for my daughter. The hot tub is not hot at all. I saw a 2 year old swimming in it. Overall good experience. I think I found my new brand of hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your experience I apologize for the housekeeping issue you noted but I'm happy to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy your time in Hampton. I hope we will have the chance to host you again the next time you are in the area. Until then I wish you a great summer.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, the staff was professional, friendly and accommodating. I was also impressed with the decorum in the lobby and how neat and clean it was. The room was ready as promised and was neat and clean, I would most definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Hampton. There's a lot to see and do in the area, and it is our pleasure to serve as your base of operations as you explore all that Hampton has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel was very nice & appeared to be newly renovated. All of the staf members were extremely helpful and very attentive. This was a short get away trip for my husband and me. We wanted to take in the sights of Hampton, Virginia Beach, & Norfolk. The location of this hotel made it easy to access these other cities within a quick 30 to 45 min drive. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience. There's a lot to see and do in the Hampton Roads area. I appreciate you making us your base of operations as you explored all the great things Hampton Roads has to offer. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for three nights while we were on out way to the world famous Williamsburgh Inn. The rooms were clean and they did have a small eating place and bar. The staff was pleasant but although nothing was really negative, the class of average completely describes this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for making us part of your travel plans. Though we are certainly not the Williamsburg Inn, we do take great pride in ensuring that each of our guests receives exceptional service at a reasonable price. I am pleased to hear that you found your stay comfortable and hope you had a great time in the Hampton Roads area.