“Wonderful!”

Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 July 2009

We stayed at the Hampton Garden Inn Collesium the weekend of July 4th. The rooms were modern and clean. The beds and bedding were comfortable. The hotel lobby was refreshing, clean, comfortable and accommodating. The hotel staff were courteous and very helpful. The breakfast and dinner were delicious. The waitress at breakfast was very accommodating. The bar was only open until 10pm, but the service was good. The location was perfect for the AAU Championship Tournament and very close to shopping and other activities. I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 July 2009

This is by far the worse hotel ever!! A pile of rocks would be a better, more competent staff.

First the house keeping left our door open with all of our stuff in the room. Then the assistant manager did not comprehend that the problem was not that it took maintenance a day to come look at the door, but that their staff left the door open.

Second, when we checked in we gave them a credit card to authorize the room. When we checked out we told them not to charge the credit card and gave them a debit card to pay for the room charges. These idiots charged three different prices to the debit card, which equaled out to be double the cost of the room. They also charged the credit card as well, so we currently have paid for the room three times. And it is impossible explaining to these people what they have done.

After this horrible service we refuse to ever stay at a Hilton Family Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank b_louviere
Reviewed 23 May 2009

I stayed here in December 2007 and again in May 2009 for 4 nights. I love this hotel and the concept. The rooms are large enough to not be claustrophobic with a great bed, wonderful desk chair, good free internet service, a chair & ottoman and nice bathroom. The rooms are bright and public areas are also bright and comfortable. Contrary to other reviews I found the staff to always be helpful and all facilities were clean and well kept. There is a small gym and indoor pool area which were also in good shape. The breakfast was fine and the waitresses were very nice & professional. I also stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn this trip in Kitty Hawk, NC and this was a superior Hilton Garden Inn. Will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2009

Having stayed in Hilton Gardens in other parts of the country I had certain expectations for this hotel based on previous experience. These expectations were not met. The walls were thin and noise from ajoining rooms kept us awake. On top of that the heating unit in the room rumbled like a piece of heavy equipment when ever it kicked on. The front desk clerk was completely unconcerned and nonchalant about my complaint about the room. He clearly could not care less shrugging his shoulders in response. My recommendation is to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2008

This property has the Hilton brand name, yet I found myself in a situation that I have never experienced in my 30+ years of travel. My room reservation was altered without regard to any of my preferences, receiving instead something of much less value, yet my nightly fee remained the same. What was more incredible was the clerk telling me “that these things happen”. When I complained about the lack of an adjustment to my fee and altering my room reservation, that I made 1 month earlier, I was told to speak to the manager in the morning. I never did. In my opinion, the staff is a reflection of management. If the staff performs poorly, it is because they know the management won’t care to correct. In addition, don’t bother with the breakfast service, the quality is mediocre at best, and it is very pricey. Instead, try Tommy’s on RT 258 (Mercury Blvd) West of the hotel, or even the Cracker Barrel at the intersection of RT 258 and Power Plant Pkwy – either would be a much better deal in price and quality.

The cleanliness of the room was average, nothing out of the unusual, but the pool area was filthy. You can hear voices from adjacent rooms, especially when in the bathroom, and the parking lot lacks sufficient lighting in certain areas.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2008

I needed a quiet place close to the Coliseum and The Aviation Museum while assigned to do a project in the immediate area. This one fit the bill! The staff was prompt and very courteous. AND the BED! It was great and so comfortable. The new Herman Miller desk chairs were awesome and very comfortable for sitting and writing a tedious report. I just wish my office would send me back to Hampton Roads so I can stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 26 March 2008

My family of four stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in March 2008- the accomdations was great... the rooms were clean... the breakfast was good...We requested a roll away and thought it would be tight in the room; however it was not. We set it up on the same side as the desk and it was completly out of the way. We will visit this hotel again!!!! You will not be disappointed- Addiditonally our entire basket ball team stayed here for a total of 12 rooms and absolutely NO ONE COMPLAINED... So again will stay here again- .... Hope this helps-

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)