“Great stay”

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here! The bed was sooooo comfortable...the iphone dock was a nice added touch, nice to see a hotel chain keeping up with the changing times. The room was very clean and felt like home. The only complaint I had was the beeping coming from the unit inside the room, but it wasn't unbearable, once I fell asleep it didnt bother me. Bathroom was nice and spacious, didn't have to squeeze past each other to get ready in the morning. I would definitely stay here time and time again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Anthony H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hampton, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Valued Guest, I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Hampton. Your wonderful comments about our hotel are greatly appreciated. I will share your remarks with the staff of the hotel so they can see how happy we made one of our guest during their stay. Once again thank you and I hope to see you again at the SpringHill Suites Hampton.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
SAVANNAH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We enjoyed this property. They were completely sold out! However with my group, a family reunion and a bike group the hotel was still great! We had a few mistakes with rooming assignments which Mr. Hunt quickly handled. (I wish I worked with him from the beginning) Mr. Hunt was hands on with my group, he purposely came from behind the counter daily to talk to our group. Ms. Shirley was the night person anything we needed was quickly provided when she was there as well. I would return to this property when I am in the area.

Room Tip: I had a corner room which appeared larger than the other rooms. Any floor would be fine, this prope...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you Praise in the Park I was very excited to see your comments about the SpringHill Suites Hampton. Ms, Shirley was so happy to serve your need during your stay, seeing your remarks about her made Ms. Shirley day. We work hard to please our entire guest during they stay and if looks like in your stay we were successful. I hope that your travels bring you back to SpringHill Suites Hampton real soon. Once again thanks for staying with us.
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

The positives: This is a nice, modern facility. Everything was clean, and the front desk and other staff were friendly. Free breakfast is also a nice plus. The rooms are good-sized suites, and it was pleasant having the extra space with a couch and table to sit and read.

The negatives: These are negatives that I read in other reviews before our trip, but they held true for us, too. The breakfast lines/breakfast area can get a little unruly, quickly; this isn't because the staff were slacking, I'd say, because there was always someone running around cleaning up or replacing empty buffet dishes. There are just SO many children and families that the staff wasn't able to keep up with garbage cans (filled with the Styrofoam plates and plastic forks used for breakfast), and the cans mounded up sometimes. It seemed like they could use another person or two for the breakfast shift, because those who were there seemed to be hustling.

I still recommend this hotel as compare to other hotels in Hampton that I experienced with, SpringHill Suites still a decent hotel to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sylui_2000
Sylui_2000 I would like to thank you for sharing your comments about the SpringHill Suites Hampton. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your Suites, your Breakfast and our friendly staff. I also thank you for your additional suggestion give about how we can enhance your stay. I hope the next time your in the Hampton Roads area you will stay with us again.
Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I usually love staying in any Marriott brand hotel BUT this particular hotel was awful. The room was not clean at all. The only redeeming quality was the attentiveness of the staff and the free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank TinkWDC
Anthony_S_Hunt, Manager at SpringHill Suites Hampton, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occuppied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Like all Springhill Suites, the rooms are not really suites. They have a half wall separating the master bed from the sofa bed. I forgot that when I booked the room for me and my adult daughter. We are family, but even family likes a little more privacy than this suite affords. The breakfast each morning was decent, and the coffee ok too. The coffee maker in the room was not resupplied with coffee after the first morning. Cleaning of the room was so-so, too. The bath contained two bottles of conditioner, but no shampoo.

Room Tip: I always request the room closest to the exit stairs and this meant our room was quiter than most.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Please don't be fooled by the outside apprearance which was misleading for the enterior of the room we had. The walls were scuffed, stains on carpet and couches. The guest next door had two small kids which cried during the night and knocked on the walls throughout the day. To add, the couple arugued so loudly that we could hear the entire disagreement throught the thin walls.

The breakfast food tasted great however we had to eat while standing due to a large family reunion which hung around the entire breakfast time and the kids were uncontrollable.

The linens were dingy and some of the towles had stains.

Be sure to pack a late night snack because the 'Market" (on site snack bar) was empty when we arrived and the staff never did replenish the goods even when we insisted.

This is one SpringHill Suites that we will NEVER revisit!~

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler Q
Madison, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I always like staying at Springhill when I travel for work, and this one was as good as most with a few weird exceptions. I stayed a week alone on business. Overall, it was clean, comfortable, and the staff was good. One odd thing was the thermostat/air conditioner. When turned on, it would rev up and down like it had it's own throttle. It's kind of hard to explain, but every time the air came on, it would sound like a motor cycle revving up, changing gears, back and forth and so on. Perhaps it was just my room, but it was kind of annoying and gave me some difficulty sleeping. Also, not totally unusual for some hotels, but the water in the shower was all or nothing. I either got really super hot water, or cold...no matter what I tried I couldn't find a happy medium. So that was a little bothersome. But the breakfast was enjoyable, the internet worked great, and overall I had a positive impression. If I can get the rates I need for work, I will probably consider staying again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business