“It was okay”

Ranked #17 of 347 Restaurants in Hampton
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Dingy inside , weirdest clam chowder I ever had, with tough clams. Ordered soup & salad, it was enough for three people. My food took a ½ hour to arrive (it was soup & garden salad) and they were not busy. My server was very nice but not to attentive. I came her because it sounded good & didn't want to eat at the Air & Space Museum, should have are there. Was here an hour need my check so I can get outahere

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Ordered crab cake sandwich with sweet potato fries that I paid extra for it .
Waited long for it and when it came , top bread of the sandwich was still ice cold and sweet potato fries were soggy:-(
Waitress only checked on us once to fill our drinks. I told the waitress about my food, she said that that's how they serve their sweet potato fries! I made her touch the bread, and said nothing . I'm sure if I asked her to eat the fries and bread, she wouldn't touch it either after one bite!
So for you diners and visitors out there, I say MARKER 20- mark it off your restaurant list !!!
Worst ever place we have been to and it wasn't even busy when we were there for lunch.
Bad food, bad service, nasty bathroom!!!!

2  Thank Surfergirlm
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was the worst place I've ever been to! The restaurant was dark, dingy, dirty, and smelly. We had to clean our own table off when we sat down. My husband and I decided to eat here when in town for a festival the last weekend in May. When giving our order to the waitress, I asked them to leave off the mushrooms that came on the sandwich. After a sigh of annoyance(she must have been asked this question a lot on this day), she said I'll ask but I seriously doubt it, didn't you see the note?! By note, she meant, the piece of paper shoved into the front of the menu that read....On the evenings of block parties, we do not take special orders bc we get to busy. Well being that it was lunch time, there wasn't a sign anywhere that said it was a block party, there were plenty of tables available, and they did not appear to be short staffed considering most of the wait staff was standing around chit chatting, I did not think that applied to that day. Again, we are from out of town and did not know this restaurant had certain rules. She came back to the table after asking the cook and said, he's not going to do it. Want something else? I said no, I'll just take them off myself. My husband ordered chicken tenders and I ordered the steak and cheese. Pretty simple order I would say. After 30 min. of waiting for our food, we were putting money on the table to pay for our sodas and leave, when all of a sudden the waitress comes running out w/our food. Here it is, it's ready, she says. Our food was cold and my sandwich was dripping w/grease. All in all, horrible experience, we will never go back and I would not recommend this place to anyone else!! Good luck to all the future guests. I hope your experience will be better than ours but judging from the reviews, I highly doubt it!

2  Thank HairGirl98
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The city throws summertime block parties and Marker 20 had the best bands and good PA. Loved it. Spent 2 hours, moseyed around and returned.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Marker 20 has some of the best crab cakes in Hampton, and their tuna salad is delicious too. Service can be great one day, and horrible the next. Nice location, and nice patio outside.

Been to Marker 20? Share your experiences!