“Best kept secret in Hampton” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cyprus Grille
Ranked #76 of 296 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Morris County, New Jersey
“Best kept secret in Hampton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

This restaurant is in the Embassy Suites and even though this hotel is a very busy very active place, the restaurant was empty. I enjoyed a very reasonably priced delicious meal with my family last Saturday evening around 7:30pm. We were the only people in the restaurant so it was like our own private dining room.

I ate the best crab cake of my life, full of back fin blue claw crabmeat and spiced to perfection with hardly any breading. My salad was a baby greens salad with strawberries and baby mozzarella with a strawberry balsamic vinaigrette. unbelievably delicious. My daughter chose the Hampton chicken on a bed of gorgonzola capellini with grilled artichokes. The only unfortunate dish we had because the grilled artichokes had a very strong grilled flavor that was overpowering.

My husband had the seared scallops, my nephew had the rib eye, my son had the chili spiced salmon. All were very happy with their meals.

The desserts were not great except the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. the slice was the size of my head and oh so delicious.

We chose to eat in the hotel because we knew that on a Saturday night the area restaurants, of which there are many, would be crowded and the wait would be long. This restaurant knocks them all out of the park.

The chef even came out to talk to us. Really sweet.

• Visited August 2012

Goochland, Virginia
“Tuscan Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Everything was light and fresh. Not a child's choice but great for lunch or a light supper. Nicely roasted veggies with a light sprinkling of a good white Italian cheese, on a pesto base. Get a glass of good quality red wine!

Visited August 2012
Hertford, North Carolina
“Not so good food.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

The waitress was the best encounter. The food was overpriced for the quality (had the pan seared oysters and they sucked!) It took an hour to get a bowl of soup, a Caeser salad and the pan seared oysters. Only one other couple in the restaurant and overheard the lady comment to the waitress that the food was "tasteless".

Visited November 2011
Covington, Georgia
“It was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

Service was S-L-O-W even though there was only one other table at the time I was there. Ordered the Chicken Caesar Salad - decent portion, but the chicken was brought to me seperately (not a problem), and was D-R-Y!

Visited October 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Rare Find in a Hotel Retaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

We were put off by lack of people using the restaurant, but we were too tired to venture out, so we tried it. Very nice experience! Nice menu choices. We both had the filet mignon, and each got them as ordered. Delicious!
With so many restaurants in this area, the competition for dinner guests is stiff, but staying right there after the Manager's Reception is a great, safe idea.

• Visited August 2011