“Great burger”

Cyprus Grille
Ranked #31 of 298 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Great burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

After a long day of travel and arriving in the middle of the conference reception, we were starving. We ordered a burger to go and it was both delicious and ready fast. The fries were seasoned with a salty/sweet rub and it was delicious and different.

Visited November 2012

Lillington, North Carolina
“Eager to accommodate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

I traveled to Hampton Virginia last week, staying at the Embassy Suites hotel near the Convention Center. Their in-house restaurant, the Cyprus Grill, was not very full on Thursday evening. When I mentioned to the server that I had a dietary need, within moments the restaurant manager appeared and asked how they could help accommodate; apparently that is standard procedure in this restaurant. As I needed to restrict carbohydrates, the manager offered to replace the pasta that comes with the Hampton Roads Chicken with vegetables and made several other suggestions. The food, when delivered, was excellent and each suggested accommodation was incorporated flawlessly. I relayed my compliments to the chef and my thanks to the restaurant staff. It is not often that I see such eagerness to accommodate special needs and it is a pleasure when it happens automatically and with grace. And the cost was quite reasonable too!

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Great location and atmosphere, below average food and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is a very nice restaurant for a hotel, unfortunately the food and the service that I had did not match up with the atmosphere. Took over 10 minutes for a server to show up at the table after we were seated, then 15 minutes just to get a beer served. I had the grilled chicken sandwich, the chicken was overly dry and the bun was bordering on stale, also took almost 30 minutes for the food to arrive after it was ordered and when it did come the server got the order wrong (the wrong side dish with the sandwich).

Morris County, New Jersey
“Best kept secret in Hampton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

This restaurant is in the Embassy Suites and even though this hotel is a very busy very active place, the restaurant was empty. I enjoyed a very reasonably priced delicious meal with my family last Saturday evening around 7:30pm. We were the only people in the restaurant so it was like our own private dining room.

I ate the best crab cake of my life, full of back fin blue claw crabmeat and spiced to perfection with hardly any breading. My salad was a baby greens salad with strawberries and baby mozzarella with a strawberry balsamic vinaigrette. unbelievably delicious. My daughter chose the Hampton chicken on a bed of gorgonzola capellini with grilled artichokes. The only unfortunate dish we had because the grilled artichokes had a very strong grilled flavor that was overpowering.

My husband had the seared scallops, my nephew had the rib eye, my son had the chili spiced salmon. All were very happy with their meals.

The desserts were not great except the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. the slice was the size of my head and oh so delicious.

We chose to eat in the hotel because we knew that on a Saturday night the area restaurants, of which there are many, would be crowded and the wait would be long. This restaurant knocks them all out of the park.

The chef even came out to talk to us. Really sweet.

Goochland, Virginia
“Tuscan Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Everything was light and fresh. Not a child's choice but great for lunch or a light supper. Nicely roasted veggies with a light sprinkling of a good white Italian cheese, on a pesto base. Get a glass of good quality red wine!

Visited August 2012