“Really nice place - great burgers!”
Review of Clementine Cafe

Clementine Cafe
Ranked #6 of 263 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Clementine is located in a revitalized downtown in Harrisonburg, Va. We offer regional local cuisine with unique and creative dishes. Clementine is open everyday for lunch and dinner and Sundays for brunch. Clementine has regional music Thursadys, Fridays and Saturdays starting at 9:30pm. Clementine boasts an urban decor with ever changing artwork and exhibits.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Nice place, easy to get to. Ample parking in immediate vicinity. Prices reasonable. Menu has many selections - something for everyone. Wait staff very efficient and courteous. Interesting decor & nice atmosphere - crowd represented all ages.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

A very fresh and open environment coupled with great food and a pleasant and friendly wait staff. I sat at the bar and had a great local draft beer along with their Tortilla Catfish Gumbo - not sure how the tortilla fit in but the meal was terrific! The gumbo was loaded with fresh vegetables and sausage and the catfish had a little kick to it. The bed of grits were very nice soaked in the broth of the gumbo. Everything I saw served around me looked great and the servings were plentiful. Can't wait to being my wife with me on my next trip to Harrisonburg. I will be back!!!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My family and I (husband and our 7 and 4 year old) went to Clementine a couple weekends ago while at JMU for Homecoming Weekend. The atmosphere was the first thing I noticed: totally cozy and eclectic but not too far out to be comfortable for a family meal. We went on Sunday for brunch on our way out of town. The menu was varied enough to provide options for all of us.

I cannot tell you how wonderful the food was! And I mean EVERYTHING (well, except the mimosas. They were watered down and served ice cold, too cold for my taste. But since I got a carafe for $5, I didn't complain). I got the french toast...never have I had better. And I'm serious. I have ridiculously picky high standards. It was thick bread but not mushy in the middle. You know that is hard to do, right? I've been to so many places that serve average french toast but the middle is always mushy. Not here! My husband got a breakfast sandwich (maybe bacon, egg and cheese?), which was delicious and big enough to feed 2. It was huge. My daughter got the chicken fingers, which were quite good for a kids menu item. My son just shared with all of us. I'd go on and on about the quality of this food and the specific ingredients, but I've put off this review for so long and I just wanted to get the word out that this place cannot be missed. If in Harrisonburg, you MUST try this restaurant! Don't go to a chain. There are too many other great places and this is one of them!!!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Love eating here, one of my favorite local spots. Great atmosphere and local heart hanging up around the room. Usually on Friday and Saturday night great local groups play which is a lot of fun. I love going to the Sunday brunch as well. The food is reasonably priced and delicious. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Julie S
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Good salmon salad and falafel sandwich. Nice ambiance with interesting artwork. Would definitely go back.