“A must to eat in...”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Xenia is one of the places you must eat in if you visit Harrisonburg. I eat there every two weeks at least once!... Their Soup is so awesome and the kabab is so delicious.

There are newer reviews for Xenia Kebab Grille

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We ate here because we had a coupon. And we like Mediterranean food as a rule. It's a very small place with only about 6 tables and in a shopping mall. We ordered a sampler plate for 16.95 and curried lentil soup. But before we could get our order, bad news. Their grill broke and everybody had to leave or eat cold salad. But then good news. After everyone else left hand and just as we were about to order the salads, the grill came back into operation.

We greatly enjoyed the sampler platter and ate every bit of it. So don't be fooled by the plain decor, just be ready to enjoy the food.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stopped in here for lunch during the week and ordered the Monday/Tuesday special - kebab, fries and a drink for a very reasonable price. My server was friendly and did a great job.

I must admit a preference for brewed iced tea, but this tasted like Nestea or something out of a soda fountain. My advice to any size restaurant - please brew your iced tea.

The fries were crispy and hot - nothing special - but very good fries. They didn't appear to be fresh-cut or anything, just tasty fries. I took the server's suggestion of their "house" kebab, made with lamb and beef. It was just ok. There was nothing wrong with it, but it certainly wasn't good enough to make an impression. The only thing I even remember well about the meal was how crunchy and tasty the vegetables were in the pita wrap, slathered with yogurt sauce.

My first instinct is to mark this off my list and never go back. Given that so many other reviews are positive, though, I think I will give this place another shot, ordering more traditional sides and a better beverage choice. I am hoping I can adjust this review in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just finished having lunch at Xenia, which is an unprepossessing little hole in the wall in Harrisonburg. The food is fantastic.

Although, sandwiched between an in enormous Qdoba and an nTelos wireless in a large strip mall, Xenia provides first rate fare.

Warren ordered the Tripoli, combination of lamb, chicken and Schwarma in a sandwich on pita, with a side of tabbouleh. I tasted the tabbouleh; it was excellent.

I opted for several side dishes… And was not sorry that I did, because it gave me an opportunity to try a variety of their offerings.

I had a portion of Kubai, rice and beef with spices in a fritter like shell served with a little bit yogurt cucumber salad, tomatoes, and some lettuce and onions. It was flavorful, especially after I added a little bit of the spicy seasoned salt that comes on each table. was on the ground. I ordered some Nok, chick peas in a mildly spiced sauce and onions. Also tasty.

Although they referred to it as a side dish, what I considered my entrée was chicken biryani, which was wonderful. But the knock out side dish was their string beans… My, oh my.

To top it off, we had some baklava, which had just come out of the oven. It was simply to die for… It doesn't get better than warm, homemade baklava.

suzieKat

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The food was so good especially the rice. The restaurant its self is a bit crowded but the service is excellent!