“Very quaint and modest”

Ramada Harrisonburg
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
“Very quaint and modest”
Reviewed 23 April 2011

One of the better and cleaner hotels in the area. Nice decor and room smells clean.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank DLLH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Fort Hood, Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2011

My husband is in the US Army and when he deployed I moved north to be closer to family and the beach. When I was returning to TX in October one thing after another was going wrong (the trailer I was towing didn't just get a flat tire on the Capital Beltway, the axle actually broke off and there was no axle, wheel, or tire to be found). After having some incredibly rough days I chose to stop early for the night and chose this hotel using the discount hotel books because it said they had been remodeled and there was new carpet.

The woman working was wonderful to me and extremely kind. I had my cat with me due to the move and they were even friendly about her and wanted to meet her. The room was updated, trendy, unique, and comfortable...a pleasant surprise. There is a Cracker Barrel next door and I walked over to get supper (even the Cracker Barrel staff were kind to me) which was a relief because with towing a trailer, I was happy to let the vehicle sit for the night. The internet worked good and I felt completely at home and was able to relax. The breakfast was not amazing but was everything I needed it to be.

I had a great stay and told the staff how much I appreciated their kindness and hoped to return in the future. It doesn't look like much on the outside, but inside is a whole different story.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank JennsTheWayISeeIt
ramadamgr, Manager at Ramada Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 11 April 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review and comliments we strive to provide all guests with the same experience! We look forward to assisting you in all your future lodging accomodations.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I stayed back in august and had a great stay, this time standards have dropped so low it didn't even seem like the same property. staff were rude, my room was disgusting, I had light bulbs out in my room,heat barely worked, and my sink and tub were clogged, and to top it all off my toilet leaked all over the floor. I asked numurous time for some one to come and fix theses issues and no one ever came, then when asked to change rooms I was basically ignored. This is a God awful place, DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank keepontruckin_10
I apologize you did not have the pleasant guest experience we strive for each guest to have. We thank you for your time and feedback to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Harrisonburg hotels

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We arrived to drop off our luggage in room and left to attend a wedding for our son. Much to our surprise, when we returned to room the toilet was leaking around the base and when you flush, it would leak water in pools in the bathroom( had to put towels down to absorb water running everywhere) Also the bathtub would fill up when showering. ( How nice to stand in a bathtub of water when trying to dry off) and to top it off, the heating/air was not working. I reported these matters to the front desk to a male working there, told him I needed to change rooms as I have a Diabetic in room and could not go without heat or air. He stated no rooms available so I ask for blankets. He brought some blankets to room but stated he was not sure if they were clean or not as it has dirty spots on them! So, needless to say, we did not use the extra blankets as we did not know if they were clean. It was a very cool night but we made it through. When arriving at front desk, they greeted me by saying, "There you are!, we have been waiting for you!" I was caught by surprise, explaining to them the conditions of the room. The maintenance man said he has told the owner time and time again that the circuit breakers were weak for that room and needed to be replaced. Seems odd that they have a room with known problems and would still rent it out?? I made my arrangements well in advance so this is not a last minute arrival or just show up at desk. Although I received an apology, I was highly disappointed.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank landy1
We apologize that your experienced this issue and thank you for your feedback so we can prevent this from happening in the future.
Lexington, Virginia
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Stayed here late July and Enjoyed my stay. The bed was very cozy (we had a king). bathroom was a little small but was clean and well stocked, I really like the color scheme in the room too (yeah Silly to like such a thing, but I noticed and appreciated). LOVED the Fridge in the room, very important to me since I have a medical condition that I need to drink a lot of water for so I had nice clod drinks in the morning. The room was nice and clean and no problems with the AC in fact I was a little chilly in the morning. Oh and the 8foot deep pool was awesome.

I've read some of the other reviews for this place and have to wonder if this really was the same place. I felt safe in the room the room has standard dead bolts and security chains. (I was shocked by the previous review) there was nothing to make me think this is a bad area.

Overall I'd say give the place a chance, if you just want a clean no frills (fridge and breakfast aside) place to get a good nights sleep then this is about right. if you want something really fancy you can go pay twice this much!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank andyskitten
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay we strive for success and value all of our associates here at Ramada. We have recognized the associates that were able to ensure you had a pleasant stay.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I am traveling down the east coast and I have to say this is the best hotel I have every stayed in. the rates are great, the rooms are cozy and the staff are fantastic! I had one issue Maintiance wise but the maintiance man was right on top of it and had it fixed for me in no time flat and was very efficient and polite. Will stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank keepontruckin_10
We thank you and are glad you reccomend our hotel. Please continue to allow us to assist you with all your future lodging needs.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2010

What a dump. This place is disgusting. The room smells awful. Another low-budget hotel on the Corporate Lodging Card (CLC) list. Security here in non-existent. The door lock is flimsy and there is a cheap chain as a back-up. All room doors can be accessed from the outside. I barricaded the door with my luggage and "slept" with my service weapon under my pillow. I am here because we are limited by our agency as to where we can stay - needs to be on the CLC list.

The nicest thing about this place was the nice clerk at the front desk - that's it. The rest was downhill.

I recommend one of the two Hampton Inn's in Harrisonburg if you have to stay in this area.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RS212
We have since renovated our property and apologize that you had this issue, we have brand new beds and carpet as well as a security system in place. We thank you for the feedback and apologize you had a bad experience.