“beds need some work and a lot of work need to be done on...”

Super 8 Harrisonburg
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Weaverville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Found the place to not feel very clean, it seemed dark and dreary. Yes it had a fridge and a free breakfast but the food was not worth the price. Was hoping that it would be better than a Motel 6 which is were we usually stop when traveling with our large dog. Super 8 charges extra for the dog - a nominal $10. The office/front desk staff was very nice. We will go to Motel 6 next time and spend less and buy our own breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NorthJerseyTraveler8
Endwell, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I had limited funds for a hotel on the way back from NC. I knew I wanted to stay in Harrisonburg again, so I chose a cheaper hotel. The only option was to take a a smoking room. I am a former smoker, so this didn't bother me. And to tell the truth, I championed the state of Virginia for giving travelers the CHOICE, and not making it forbidden. Because, remember, it is still legal!!
The room was your basic inexpensive hotel room, but it was clean, and that's what is most important to me. The blanket and bedspread need updating, and I also found a small bug in the bathroom, but I had all the amenities I needed. Also, the TV remote didn't work; it was a strange sensation to have to change the channels on the TV, and brought back visions of childhood. Still, it wasn't a bad place to stay, but I was right near the 81 entrance/exit, so there was a constant drone of 18 wheelers coming on and off the highway. The woman who greeted me at the hotel was very friendly and efficient, but the girl who was working the day I left didn't know how to smile. She also gave me the wrong receipt.

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor are the smoking rooms, and the rooms that face west are louder because...