“Quick Trip”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Norfolk
“Quick Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had a quick visit to Harrisonburg just to get away for the weekend. Staff was great, and the rooms were clean, I really didn't expect too much more according to the reviews. I will have to stay the mattress could have been a little firmer. We would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
SHerbst, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for the positive review. Our staff is friendly and efficient. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable hotel. We hope you continue to choose our hotel when visiting the Harrisonburg area for a quick trip or an extended stay.

SHerbst

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a quick trip to the area from our home, 4 hours away. We were warmly greeted by staff and got to our room very quickly. The decor is typical Marriott from lobby to rooms. Our disappointment....the bed was not a quality mattress, and was much smaller for our accustomed king mattress. Another disappointment was this hotel provided NO breakfast bar, but had a bistro for an expensive charge. The rate we were charged for the room should have been sufficient for this hotel to provide a breakfast bar.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments regarding our staff. I apologize you were disappointed with the beds. Please reach out to me and let me know the room number and I will check to see if we need to replace the mattress. Our hotel was updated with the new Bistro in 2012 which is the standard for all Courtyards who have undergone renovations. It does provide convenient and healthy options. However, we understand it does not meet the needs of all our guests and are happy to point you in the direction of many nearby restaurants. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Bellport, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel is Ok but not the higher end thing you would expect from Marriot. The rooms are small. The bathrooms are very uninspired. Beige bland shower surround and shower curtains- looks like a hotel 6. THe beds are the Marriot beds so I am never going to argue with those. The breakfast area and lobby are trying to be higher end but nothing else is. Lastly the price is high

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hello,

I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Harrisonburg area. I am pleased you appreciated the very comfortable beds we have at the Courtyard, Harrisonburg. A renovation was completed in June of 2012 to meet Marriott's standards, but I agree the bathrooms are a little "uninspired". They are bland, but our staff works hard to maintain a very clean hotel. I was a little surprised by the small room comment because we typically receive a lot of positive comments regarding the size of our rooms. Our hotel does offer one bedroom suites that may provide the additional space you need. Let me know if I can assist with any future reservations. We hope you give us another try on your next visit.

SHerbs
Springfield, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had a quick visit to Harrisonburg for a JMU open house and enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard Marriott, however brief. Since we arrived late and left early we did not get to sample any food, but our room was well appointed and clean. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows, although I wish more hotels would use fiberfill instead of feather pillows. The hotel is very close to JMU and convenient to area shopping and restaurants. It is only a few minutes off I-81. There was an attractive lobby, tiny pool and a business center. The check-in staff were friendly and efficient. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank susansings
Thank you for the positive review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here although it was brief. You will need to stay longer next time and take time to enjoy the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. We are close to wineries, caverns, Shenandoah National Park, Massanutten Resort, and historical battlefields. As you know, we are conveniently located to James Madison University as well as many restaurants and shopping. If you find yourself in this area for the next four years, let me know if I can assist with any future reservations.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Located walking distance from JMU up on a hill. Love how they arranged the room with the bed facing the huge window with an awesome view. Lobby is also particularly large and comfortable with lots of seating. Nice courtyard out back. Thanks to the bistro chef that customized a salad for me --vegetarian option. Very nice place. I had debated choosing a cheaper hotel but glad I didn't.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for the great review. We hope you continue to choose our hotel when visiting the Harrisonburg area. Don't forget to request the mountain view to enjoy the beautiful views again.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed here one night for a football game with James Madison. The location is great and close to JMU. We caught the shuttle bus to the game which was so convenient since we did not know the area. There are so many restaurants and stores near by. The room was very clean and the bed and pillows are very, very comfortable. I left a pair of jeans and realized it after i checked out. I called the hotel and they mailed me my jeans (didn't think i would ever see them again). Free coffee is in the lobby. The staff was really nice and professional. We will absolutely stay here again in the future. Please continue to NOT allow pets in this hotel. I am a dog lover but i don't want animals staying in the same hotel I'm staying in. Thanks again for a wonderful stay!!

Room Tip: Great place to stay
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Football Mom,

Go Dukes! Hope you had a great time at the game. Thank you for the great review. We hope you continue to make the Courtyard Harrisonburg your first choice when visiting JMU and the Harrisonburg area.

Elizabethton, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We just spent one night here as we were on our way to DC. Arrived late and left early, but this was absolutely the best shower I have ever had at a hotel or home or anywhere! The most important thing to me for a hotel is cleanliness, the shower, and the bed. Courtyard excelled on all three. The shower head was "speakman" and we researched this to maybe buy one for ourselves because it was so wonderful! I like the water to pound out with force, like a massage, and it was so wonderful I didn't even want to get out of the shower! My husband likes a light spray in the shower, and he loved it too! The bed was very comfortable, and the room was very clean. Only drawback, no free breakfast! :( but there was a Bob Evans right by hotel with delicious breakfast! (accidentally checked excellent for room service---this was checked in error; I don't think they have room service.)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cindy C.,

Thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the great shower. Our staff takes pride in providing our guests with a clean and comfortable hotel. We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Sara Herbst