“Standard Courtyard Property”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Fukuoka, Japan
“Standard Courtyard Property”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The property is generally what I expect from my Courtyard experiences. There were really no major problems with the property. When I moved into the room, the bath stopper would not work, but I just fixed it quickly on my own without asking for assistance. It was an easy fix, and I assume that the staff could have repaired it easily as well.
The location is not convenient for JMU campus without a car. However, there are several places within walking distance of the hotel for shopping around Walmart, Michael's, and Barnes and Nobles. There is also a great little breakfast bagel shop about 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel. Mr. J's Bagel and Deli.
There is a little breakfast "cafe" in the hotel. The quality is acceptable/fair, but I would not say it is good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven R
SHerbst, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us. It sounds like you had a nice time in Harrisonburg. Mr. J's is a great place for bagels. We are happy you had a problem free stay and hope you will stay with us again when visiting the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My expectations for a Courtyard are to have a clean room, decent bath and a few amenities (like a TV with decent cable). As such, the Courtyard in Harrisonburg did not disappoint. It's not a luxury hotel nor does it pretend to be. We got in late, so it was nice to pick up a snack and a beer for the room. The bar area is nice if you want to be outside the room for a drink. My only complaint was that the shower was a little quirky. I had a hard time getting the shower "warm/hot" it kept going from "burning hot" to "freezing cold". The other thing is completely out of the Marriott's control; the lousy shows on HBO they repeat each and every night. Maybe it's time for the Marriott to consider Starz instead because a movie after a hard day of work is sometimes nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will choose our hotel for your next visit to Harrisonburg.

Christiansburg, VA
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here for business trip. Very clean and quiet location. Bed was comfortable, lots of pillows. Bathroom was large with plenty of room. Didn't have housekeeping clean, wasn't dirty, they had enough linens for me for both nights, but after attending class the first day I had clean towels and toiletries hanging on my door for me.
All of the staff was friendly. They have a nice Bistro set up, but I didn't eat there. The prices did seem reasonable though.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard, Harrisonburg. We are happy you appreciated the cleanliess of the hotel. Our staff works hard to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable stay. We hope you will continue to choose the Courtyard, Harrisonburg as your number one hotel when you visit the Harrisonburg area.
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I' stayed here many times in the past on business and will continue to do so as my work brings me to Harrisonburg , I was greeted with a warm smile from the front desk soon as walked in the door. I had a nice meal in the restaurant. I love the new renovation. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank michael r
SHerbst, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for the great comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott, Harrisonburg. We are pleased that you ar happy with the renovations of our guest rooms and our updated lobby. The Bistro and the Bistro bar make it convenient for guests who do not want to venture outside to grab a quick meal and/or a drink. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you continue to choose the Courtyard, Harrisonburg when visiting the area.

Sara Herbst
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

From the minute we walked through the door we felt welcomed right away. The new renovations that have been done look absolutely amazing as well as the guest rooms. I also like their full bar in their restaurant. We didn't eat there but they had great selections. Definitely my hotel of choice when visiting Harrisonburg!

• Stayed January 2014
SHerbst, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for the positive review. We are pleased you like the renovations that were completed in 2012. We strive to make all our guests welcome and hope you continue to make us your number one choice when visiting the Harrisonburg area.

new york
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed at another courtyard on the way down south so we thought we would stay in one headed home. This one was terrible. It is in a college town so there are many other options dont stay here. I was disappointed by the decor - it was very dated. Clearly this was apparent after we got home from spending one night here and my husband notice what looked like bites all over his stomach and arms. This place needs a complete overhaul. Don't bother staying here for awhile.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marienjnj
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for any bad experiences you had during your travels. Please reach out to me to discuss. I am concerned that you may have us confused with another hotel. Our hotel renovation was completed in June of 2012 and we receive many positive comments regarding our renovations. As a hotel, we always want to know if there is any bed bug issues so that we can act quickly. Our housekeeping and maintenance staff are aware and trained to notice signs of infestation. It is our policy to always contact our pest control exterminator if we receive complaints. Our hotel has no evidence of bed bug activity. Again, please contact us so we are able to fully inspect the guest room you were assigned. Thank you.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Front office staff went the extra mile to make us comfortable and welcome.

The interactive touch screen with local favourites is a great HIT and was used to maximum effect with a one click print out...very impressed by how seamless the whole process was.

The lobby eatery looked very inviting oth for breakfast and late evening!

Keep it up.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank crncy1by2
Thank you for your feedback and the great comments about our staff. We also like the Go Board! It helps our staff serve you better by providing up to date lists of restaurants, shopping, points of interest and much more. We hope you make our hotel your number one choice when visiting the Harrisonburg area.