Courtyard Harrisonburg
Comfort Inn(Harrisonburg)
US$90
US$80
ComfortInn
The Village Inn(Harrisonburg)(Great Value!)
US$92
CandlewoodSuites
US$86
US$84
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskthe hotel sitsjmu campusbob evansjames madison universityshenandoah valleyrestaurants and shoppingking roomthe hotel is cleanbed was very comfortablefairfield inneasy accessstaff was friendlyindoor poolone night staybistrolobby
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff were very helpful and friendly. My father needed assistance and they did not hesitate to go the extra mile. Our rooms were arranged so we were close to each other, and very clean. Our stay was a comfortable experience with all the excitement of graduation underway. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SHerbst, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear JMU Mom,

Thank you for the great comments. I am glad we were able to meet the needs of your family during the graduation weekend. We plan ahead so we are able to meet the requests of our families who are here for the graduation as we know this is a very special time. I hope you had a fantastic weekend and if we can assist you with any future dates, please give us a call directly or I can be reached by email at cy.shdcy.gm@marriott.com. Thank you .

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Nicely equipped hotel great for the purpose, could use a fabreeze air freshener in the room, for a more pleasant first impression. Otherwise this hotel is good, staff were nice and helpful, rooms well equipped and quiet. Would recommend to all.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Copterfamily,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard, Harrisonburg and thank you for the recommendation to all. I am happy you enjoyed a quiet stay and were pleased with our staff and service. I hope you continue to make our hotel your number one choice when visiting the area. Again, thank you and we welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Along with a less than gracious welcome, my Marriott platinum status got me a free dixie cup. Whoopie! Asked where the lobby coffee was and was told I could make some in my room or wait for their Starbucks to open. Add on a too hard mattress and a heater that rattled all night for an overall bad experience. I won't be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
SHerbst, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. As a Platinum member, you do automatically receive 400 bonus points at check in along with a complimentary market item or a Starbucks coffee. We do still offer complimentary coffee in the lobby from 5AM-11AM along with Starbucks coffee. I am guessing, but your comment regarding the "dixie cup" may be in response to the disposable coffee cups we were placing in the guest rooms. I also agree those cups were entirely too small and we have eliminated them and returned to using mugs until we are able to find a better disposable coffee cup alternative. We do value you as Marriott Rewards Platinum member. I would be happy to discuss your stay in greater detail. Please reach out to me and identify yourself and allow me the opportunity to address your concerns personally. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was my first Marriott property visit after returning from a two week business trip to South Africa. All I can say is that the hotel business there can take some lessons from Marriott. This location is a typical Courtyard package in a fairly competitive market. It has all of the comfort items business travellers in the US and other 1st world countries expect. Clean modern facility, very comfortable beds and bedding, decent restaurant on premises with others within walking distance. The staff is trained and friendly. Everything works. I mention these "basics" in the context of my travels in " modern" South Africa where in five different hotel locations in as many cities with various levels of comfort, beds are uniformly atrocious, services limited, properties are generally worn out, and most mid-level business hotels are not acceptable to the average American business traveller. This Courtyard does everything right and is ideally located to everything you want in Harrisonburg, Va.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank viper1

Thank you for the great comments regarding our staff. We are ideally located in Harrisonburg and our guests do benefit from our lcoation. Thank you for choosing our hotel during your many travels. We hope you will continue making the Courtyard, Harrisonburg your number one choice when visiting the Harrisonburg area. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The property is generally what I expect from my Courtyard experiences. There were really no major problems with the property. When I moved into the room, the bath stopper would not work, but I just fixed it quickly on my own without asking for assistance. It was an easy fix, and I assume that the staff could have repaired it easily as well.
The location is not convenient for JMU campus without a car. However, there are several places within walking distance of the hotel for shopping around Walmart, Michael's, and Barnes and Nobles. There is also a great little breakfast bagel shop about 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel. Mr. J's Bagel and Deli.
There is a little breakfast "cafe" in the hotel. The quality is acceptable/fair, but I would not say it is good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven R

Thank you for staying with us. It sounds like you had a nice time in Harrisonburg. Mr. J's is a great place for bagels. We are happy you had a problem free stay and hope you will stay with us again when visiting the area.