“Love it!!!!!”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Love it!!!!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have always stayed with marriot brand hotels both in an out of the country, I'm never disappointed. The Courtyard here in Harrisonburg is up to par. Comfy beds, hot showers with great water pressure, the shower head is also up pretty high so even tall people can have a pleasant shower :) rooms and lobby are both up to date & the free wifi works well in the guest rooms. We also had a lightbulb that was out and someone was up in less than 5 mins to fix it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
SHerbst, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Ginny,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel and your visit to the Harrisonburg area. The staff and I hope you continue to choose the Coutyard Harrisonburg when visiting the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during the holiday. Room was very clean and spacious with a balcony. Our view was in the back of the property but it was still pretty. Staff were very friendly and greeted us frequently as we went in and out. The pool was way too small and shallow for a swim which was mildly disappointing, but oh well. This is out second time to stay. As long as I don't plan to rely on a cool place to swim will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Hello,

Thank you for the great review and the wonderful comments regarding our staff. We hope the small pool does not discourage you from staying at our hotel. During your next visit, ask about our complimentary access to a local gym that features a lap pool. As our guest, you have access to that facility during your stay. Again, I appreciate the great comments about our staff and we welcome you back during your next visit to Harrisonburg.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I agree with Comments posted by Terry B and I always appreciate hearing the views on an experienced traveler.

He is absolutely right about travelers appreciating the availability of free coffee in the lobby, and I am impressed that Courtyard is now offering a free breakfast for Gold Reward and above members. Little things like this really do play a part in choosing a place to stay.

We found this to be an excellent Courtyard - clean and comfortable with a friendly staff. We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Hello in Virginia Beach,

Thank you for the great comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff members. We hope you make the Courtyard your first choice when visiting the area.

Cardiff
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a road trip. The room was sufficient was a king-sized bed and a sofa bed (which was a tad hard to sit upon to be fair). The staff were friendly. There was a strange flushing noise (that I only noticed once I was in my pajamas at 10.30pm so not much I could do about it). The hotel was clean and staff friendly and helpful. It was near shops and places to eat but the area is certainly not made for pedestrians so a car is essential.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello,

Thank you for the great comments regarding the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms. I apologize for the noise you heard that evening and hope that it did not keep you awake. I always like to know what we can do better so please feel free to reach out to me at cy.shdcy.gm@marriott.com. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us improve.

Goochland, Virginia
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

As a Platinum Lifetime business traveler I know my way around Courtyards. I've stayed at this property occasionally for years and have had nothing except good experiences. The staff is friendly and most accommodating, the rooms are clean and quiet and the Bistro was excellent for breakfast. I also like the fact that they still offer complimentary coffee in the morning as most no longer do. Please keep this! It's not the cost, it's the convenience. When all I want early is a simple cup of coffee I don't like standing in line for a long time. The property has a great western view of mountains and near a mall and a variety of restaurants for dinner.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Terry B
Terry B.

Thank you for being a loyal guest to our property. We appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendly staff. Thank you for the comments regarding the coffee. I believe it is important to listen to our guests and respond to their needs. It is my hope that we will continue with the complimentary coffee at this property. We hope you continue to choose the Courtyard as your hotel of choice when visiting the area. We welcome you back and look forward to your next visit.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I found everything with this property to be practically brand new and appears that they have just completed a major renovation. The location is close to the Valley Mall and several nice restaurants. The staff does a great job with their interactive screen in the lobby sharing with you ideas of great places to eat!

Room Tip: Location is up on the hill behind Valley Mall. Good thing with this is you don't hear a lot of...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CapitolMan
Hello in Atlanta,

Thank you for the great comments. This is a great hotel and very centrally located to shopping, movies, restaurants and local attractions. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the area and hope you make the Courtyard your home away from home. As always, I appreciate the positive remarrks regarding our staff. Our team strives to be helpful and make a every guests stay a positive one.

Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We've stayed at several different Courtyards. While this one had a really nice view of the town (on top of a hill) and close to part of JMU, the rooms were a little odd. We had a "special" room rate that included a whirlpool. Well, the whirlpool was in the room--not the bathroom, and the bathroom was HUGE, with a large shower and toilet taking up so little of the space, yet the sink outside had very little space--bad design. And we could hear the whirlpool filling up next door.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hello from the Courtyard, Harrisonburg,

We do have a great view and location, but I wish your stay was better than okay. We do have eight rooms with the jacuzzi tubs in the bedroom area. I am unable to confirm what you booked or if you were upgraded to that room as a courtesy. I agree the layout is a little odd, but some guests do enjoy that amenity. We do offer three other room types. You may want to try our standard King room which features a small sitting area with a couch. The couch does pull out into a sofabed if that is needed. We also have a standard room with two queen size beds and a one bedroom suite with a separate living room area. The living area does feature a larger sitting area along with the pullout sofabed. Since you appreciated the view, you may also want to request a mountain facing room with a balcony. I think you may appreciate another room type more and if you are looking for larger counter space in the bathroom, I would suggest the King Suite. It is very spacious. We welcome you back and hope you find your next room more suitable to your needs.