“Nice hotel and friendly staff”

Hampton Inn Harrisonburg South
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Salisbury, United States
“Nice hotel and friendly staff”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel is a nice Hampton Inn that is updated, clean, comfortable, and the staff is very friendly. Complimentary internet service and a large breakfast lobby make for a great stay. I try to stay at Hampton Inns when I travel and this is one of the better ones. It is conveniently located between Bridgewater College and JMU for families with students.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I truly love staying at Hampton Inn hotels. They are clean, excellent beds and bedding, amenities and great customer service. Their locations are great and easily accessible. I normally give 5 stars, because everything is usually perfect for me except this stay. The reason I normally choose Hampton Inn Hotels is because I have severe allergies and can not tolerate any kind of cleaning smells, scented laundry soaps, fragrances or animals. I usually have no problems with any Hampton Inns I have stayed in previously. When I entered room 201 I immediately noticed a cleaning or chemical type of odor. It was not in the bathroom so I am not sure where it was coming from. I turned the air conditioner on high and opened the door for awhile. It somewhat dissipated. It was too late to change rooms as I had to leave by 4am and had already had a late arrival. Hampton Inn will still be my first choice when traveling, but I would not hesitate to change rooms next time. Everything else was fine.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
jestep, Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisonburg South, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for filling out a survey regarding your stay at Hampton Inn in Harrisonburg-South, VA; the time taken along with the effort made to share your comments with us is most appreciated. Feedback from our guests is vitally important in our mission to become the hotel of choice in Harrisonburg, VA Please accept my sincerest apologies for any aggravation or inconvenience experienced during your visit.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel and measuring it against high service and quality standards. Comments from our patrons enable us to continually improve and exceed those standards. We will gladly prepare your room with out the use of cleaning products and will remove bath soaps, etc. to accomodate you with any future reservations. Please be confident that we will follow-up on the points you have outlined to avoid recurrence.

We want you as our guest and are hopeful that you will afford us the opportunity to provide lodging services if your travels bring you back to Harrisonburg, VA in the future.

Rudy Forgey
Assistant General Manager
(540) 437-0090
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Checked in late on a road trip. Was told the room was a King. Got to room and it was a double handicapped room. Called down he said nothing else available . So we elected to stay since it was late and we already had our bags inside. Went to take a shower the next morning and shower would not work. Told front desk... They did not seem too concerned said they would call maintenance ... Breakfast included cold rubber eggs cold tasteless potatoes and an assortment of tasteless juices. Breakfast area was dirty. No one cleaning tables. Not impressed with this Hampton .. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay next door at the Country Suites....
1 Thank James C
Stormstown
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Our family stayed here for 3 nights while we visited Monticello, Massanutten, and Luray Caverns. It is right off I-81, but far enough from the intersection to be quiet and enough up a little hill to have a scenic view of the valley. The service was outstanding. Tanya, especially, went out of our way to make our stay memorable. She is top-notch! My little boy loved the large swimming pool, which was a little warmer than your average hotel pool - great for those cool spring evenings after sightseeing all day. We swam every night and even once more before we checked out the last morning! Breakfast had a nice variety each morning and the dining area is the largest I've ever seen in a hotel. Plenty of room near the tv for news watchers, and enough tables for quiet professionals to sit apart from noisier families. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the downhill/valley/even # side. The sunrises over the valley are really pretty i...
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

We had stayed at the other Hampton in Harrisonburg, this is the better of the two in this area, staff is more receptive to the travelers, cleaner environment, quieter location. The staff made good recommendations for dinner and shopping. Breakfast appeared to be fresher

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Christiansburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for a volleyball tournament at JMU. VERY nice front desk staff, clean room, good value and nice breakfast. I would recommend this hotel. Right off the interstate, nice restaurant, Pino's, nearby. Quiet location.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just got here ahead of a major storm. Stayed for 3 nights until roads were clear. What a wonderful place to be stuck. very accommodating staff, very clean and comfortable room. all in all, a great experience in spite of storm.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple