“Great family hotel”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Bedford, United States
“Great family hotel”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I really love this hotel. They aim to please or they fix the problem. The hotel is a very safe place. You can feel comfortable allowing your teenager to go to the workout facility or to the pool without you.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
Bristol, Tn, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The staff is always accomodating and well trained, pleasant and helpful. This is the hotel where we stop during our frequent trips from Tn. to PA. During this trip I left my wrist braces amongst the bed covers and the staff next day located them and mailed them overnight at no charge to me so that I could sleep without numb fingers the very next night in my own bed at home.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

5 th year in a row we have stopped here on our way to Florida. Rooms are clean, very quiet, beds comfortable and one of the better Hampton Inn breakfasts.
Lots of restaurants around. Easy access to I 81 on and off, gas etc.
Staff always helpful if a bit slow. Our toilet backed up and took awhile for someone to respond but they did and was resolved.

Stayed January 2014
Ocean Isle Beach, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Everything was perfect! I slept great, the bed was so soft and everything was clean. Enjoyed relaxing in the room. Had a big shower instead of a tub, which was perfect! I didn't make it to breakfast, but it sounded great too. They have an indoor pool so next time I will pack my bathing suit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Salisbury, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel is a nice Hampton Inn that is updated, clean, comfortable, and the staff is very friendly. Complimentary internet service and a large breakfast lobby make for a great stay. I try to stay at Hampton Inns when I travel and this is one of the better ones. It is conveniently located between Bridgewater College and JMU for families with students.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I truly love staying at Hampton Inn hotels. They are clean, excellent beds and bedding, amenities and great customer service. Their locations are great and easily accessible. I normally give 5 stars, because everything is usually perfect for me except this stay. The reason I normally choose Hampton Inn Hotels is because I have severe allergies and can not tolerate any kind of cleaning smells, scented laundry soaps, fragrances or animals. I usually have no problems with any Hampton Inns I have stayed in previously. When I entered room 201 I immediately noticed a cleaning or chemical type of odor. It was not in the bathroom so I am not sure where it was coming from. I turned the air conditioner on high and opened the door for awhile. It somewhat dissipated. It was too late to change rooms as I had to leave by 4am and had already had a late arrival. Hampton Inn will still be my first choice when traveling, but I would not hesitate to change rooms next time. Everything else was fine.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
jestep, Manager at Hampton Inn Harrisonburg South, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for filling out a survey regarding your stay at Hampton Inn in Harrisonburg-South, VA; the time taken along with the effort made to share your comments with us is most appreciated. Feedback from our guests is vitally important in our mission to become the hotel of choice in Harrisonburg, VA Please accept my sincerest apologies for any aggravation or inconvenience experienced during your visit.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel and measuring it against high service and quality standards. Comments from our patrons enable us to continually improve and exceed those standards. We will gladly prepare your room with out the use of cleaning products and will remove bath soaps, etc. to accomodate you with any future reservations. Please be confident that we will follow-up on the points you have outlined to avoid recurrence.

We want you as our guest and are hopeful that you will afford us the opportunity to provide lodging services if your travels bring you back to Harrisonburg, VA in the future.

Rudy Forgey
Assistant General Manager
(540) 437-0090
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Checked in late on a road trip. Was told the room was a King. Got to room and it was a double handicapped room. Called down he said nothing else available . So we elected to stay since it was late and we already had our bags inside. Went to take a shower the next morning and shower would not work. Told front desk... They did not seem too concerned said they would call maintenance ... Breakfast included cold rubber eggs cold tasteless potatoes and an assortment of tasteless juices. Breakfast area was dirty. No one cleaning tables. Not impressed with this Hampton .. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay next door at the Country Suites....