“Very Good Food”

Cuisines: Pub
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The food is excellent and the service is very good. I am gluten sensitive and they actually have a menu for people that have a food sensitivity. I would recommend this to anyone. One of my favorites.

• Visited January 2014

Hoboken, New Jersey
“It's still there!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I'm amazed that the Boston Beanery is still going strong in Harrisonburg. It opened while I was there from 88-92 (I think it opened in 91 but I'm not sure). We rarely went because honestly if we had to drive somewhere it usually fell off the list...meaning we spent most of our time in bars that are long gone like JM's, Players and so on. It was a great place though and had an atmosphere that Harrisonburg needed. I also knew a few people that worked as servers and had a great experience.

Tripadvisor forces you to choose a visitation date within a year, but my last visit here was actually in the fall of 1992.

• Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Went for drinks and lite fare after dinner”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Good time, good service and good food. We just had appetizers and drinks around 9:00. Nice place, not a party hang out. We enjoyed our drinks and apps and we were able to have conversations at our table.

Visited May 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“To-go superstar!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I wasn't able to dine in but my to-go meal was incredibly satisfying! I ordered the prime rib sandwich with the fries. It was still hot 20 min later, fries were still crispy and it was evident care was taken in the packaging.

I wish I lived closer because I would love to try the rest of the menu. This is the place to go for affordable quality food.

Napanee, Canada
“Reminds me of "Cheers"”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is great little Pub. We were heading back to Canada and decided to eat in Harrisonburg VA. It was likely by sheer luck that we ended up in the Boston Beanery. I turned in the plaza where it is located and noticed the restaurant and we looked at the menu and decided to try it. We are both glad we did. When we walked in all I could think about was "Cheers" from the T.V. sitcom. It looked like I remember the pub on the sitcom. We ordered soup and salad which we try to eat at lunch and it was delicious. The coffee also hit the spot as well. I wished that we were there for supper as the menu looked very inviting. It was decorated for St. Patrick's day and being Irish I felt right at home. Staff were pleasant and efficient. We are looking at returning there in the future.

• Visited March 2014