“Home Sweet Home for Seven Months”

Residence Inn Harrisonburg
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Those who've stayed here always, always come back. Since the hotel opened several years ago we've stayed for brief (one night) to lengthy (7 months) periods of time. Staff members -- from management, front desk, housekeeping and maintenance -- are top-notch. We feel fortunate to have made the acquaintance of so many nice people. The hotel is well-located, tidy and offers great amenities. A word to the wise: book early.

Room Tip: There are a few two bedrooms, two bath suites
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
TimFitzgeraldGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for posting a response for your stay with us. We will miss you and your family and if you need anything during your move or in the future please let me know. Thanks again and good luck in the Valley.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Newer Marriott property, kept in excellent condition, very clean, friendly staff, love the open fire pit for Fall evenings, after football games won by JMU!!! Enjoy a glass of wine, barbeque some burgers! Hotel staff are friendly, helpful & generate team spirit for the JMU Dukes!!! If you are tail-gaiters. the full size ovens in the suites are very handy for preparing your hot tail-gate favorite dishes!!!!

Room Tip: This is a pet-friendly property. We love the corner suites!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
TimFitzgeraldGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you stay with us while you are visiting JMU. We hope that you will stay with us again and Go Dukes!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

This was the BEST Marriott experience I ever had! I have been a gold member for years and this property treated us top notch. The property itself is excellent! The purpose of my stay was a overnight stop-over to South Carolina to attend my Grandmothers funeral. A friend of mine accompanied me for driving and moral support. As soon as we arrived at this property for the stop over, Savanna and Elle made us feel welcomed. One of them even came from around the "check-in" desk and stood next to us to explain all the amenities of the property. That was a great touch! I then explained to them the purpose of my trip and they were genuinely caring and expressed to me that they would make our stay as comfortable as possible. They even took the time to write a hand written sympathy card to our family and slipped it under our door! Savanna nor Elle were there when we checked out, but I want them to know that their kindness, helpfulness and caring made a HUGE difference in the trip to my Grandmothers funeral in SC. I don't know if they knew what impact they had on me. Thanks Savanna and Elle! Keep doing what you do! It makes a difference in peoples lives and their travels thru it!!
I wanted to write Tim Fitzgerald an email to personally thank his 2 employees, but could not find his email. I noticed he replies at times to tripadvisor, so I hope he reads this!! Thanks Tim for having employees like Savanna and Elle!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RKTRAVELERS5070
TimFitzgeraldGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for your stay with us especially during the passing of your grandmother. I will pass on your review to Elle & Savanna as well as the rest of our staff. We do try very hard to make all of our guests stays memorable and I am glad that we did with you. Thanks again and I can be reached at tim.fitzgerald@marriott.com. we look forward to hearing from you again.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I want to give this hotel five starts, I really do. Unfortunately, the walls are too thin and if you have a loud neighbor you may be in for a long night.

I've stayed here on numerous occasions while travelling for business. The hotel itself is great. The rooms are large and spacious with a full kitchen, a seating area and a large bathroom. It feels more like a studio apartment than a hotel room. The pool and fitness center are very nice and well maintained and the hotel hosts a manager's reception on Monday through Wednesday nights.

The only problem is the noise. On more than one occasion, I've been kept up very late by noise from the room next door. It isn't even loud noise. While sitting in bed you can hear the conversations in the room next door. This hasn't been a problem at other hotels I've stayed at. It's such a shame as everything else at this hotel is top notch, but ultimately, I need to sleep, so I've stopped staying here.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the front parking lot. Otherwise you be awakened by the trash truck emptying...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RoanMtnGirl
TimFitzgeraldGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a response for your stay with us. I apologize that you were kept up by the noise. If or when you are in our area in the future please let me know and we will try our best to get your room in a quite area with a better view. Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you when you return to our area.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed for president weekend. I was worried about it being to far from massenutten. It was right in the heart of everything. We saved money with a full kitchen we utilized. The resort was about 15 min away. The staff was very helpful an courteous to us. Would recommend !!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
TimFitzgeraldGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your previous stay. We appreciate you responding and we are glad to read your had a great stay. we hope when in the area again you will stay with us. Thanks

Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn over the Christmas holiday. The hotel was lovely, the facilities were great, and the staff was very friendly. The suite itself was comfortable - it was great to have the combination of communal and private spaces, and the convenience of a kitchen. Our only complaint (from all four adults in the suite) was that we all found the beds extremely uncomfortable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Amaya H
TimFitzgeraldGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Thank you for posting a review for our hotel. I was glad to read your enjoyed your stay. We will make note of your comments regarding our bedding and when we are replacing we will inform our supplier. Thanks again for taking the time to post a review and when you return to our area we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

On our recent trip to Harrisonburg for the graduation of our Granddaughter from JMU, we
stayed for 2 nights at the Residence Inn. We found the staff, especially Caroline and CC,
very friendly and accommodating. We were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite because of a
slight medical problem which was very much appreciated. The room was very comfortable
and the breakfast was good and more than plentiful. Just one more reason why we prefer
to stay at Marriott's on our travels. Great Location, Great Value.

Room Tip: We in general prefer a high floor
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
TimFitzgeraldGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Thank you for posting a review for our hotel. We truly appreciate you taking the time. I will pass on you comments to Caroline and CC. We do try very hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay and we are happy that your stay was great. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.