“a little mix up on the rates”

Residence Inn Harrisonburg
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
spain
“a little mix up on the rates”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed for two nights on our six week driving holiday. We had a horrendous 10 hour drive down from New York in terrible driving conditions. We found this hotel very easily ,good parking and a very good welcome.
I had spoken to a lady by the lovely name of Savannah who worked in sales about an issue I had over room pricing. I had booked and prepaid my room 4 months in advance,the room rates had changed and not in my favor.
After a little emailing to and fro we managed to sort this problem out in my favor and I thank her for that.

We had a room up grade to a suite which was very good. These rooms seem to be on corners and near the stairs which was good.

The breakfast was typical of this type of hotel and as I had been on the road many weeks I have stopped worrying about the breakfast lay out in each hotel. This was quite good with helpful staff.

Easy to drive out to the lovely mountains,there is a very good cinema just across the road. There are also some restaurants near by I have written separately on these.

All in all a good stay and I would recommend this hotel .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alexanderSpain
carolinedickensGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hello! We appreciate you taking time to write a review. I was glad Savanna was able to assist you in getting you the correct rate and that you found our accommodations satisfactory. If we can be of any assistance to you in the future, please let us know. Take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Centreville
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed at the Harrisonburg, VA Residence Inn this past weekend and have to say we were VERY VERY impressed with the property. I always note in my reviews that we are ACCOMMODATION SNOBS - we expect the best and don't mind paying for it. We didn't have to pay for it this time though - GREAT rates and fantastic clean, updated, sparkling property. Great gym, full kitchen and enough room for everyone. Will be back for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
carolinedickensGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thanks for taking time yesterday to post a review for us. We look forward to hosting you in the future and will do everything we can to impress you again!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were visiting JMU and doing some hiking in Shenandoah National Park. This hotel was convenient to both locations and there were lots of restaurants close by. The room was spacious for our family of three, clean & reasonably priced.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hello IAmAdventurous! Thanks for the review. I’m glad you found our location convenient and the room spacious for your family. Keep warm in NY!
Virginia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I recently stay at this property five nights between Christmas and New Years 2013. The hotel was definitely book and very busy which concerned me at first, I was skeptical to what type of service we would receive. I was pleasantly surprised! Our room (1 BR suite) was wonderfully laid out, decorated nicely, exceptionally clean, and well stocked. Upon check-in, Sharon went to great lengths to ensure we had a quiet room location. During our stay there were several times I had to request different things and all staff went over and beyond to see we were satisfied promptly. I will absolutely stay at this property again. This is a well manages and ran Residence Inn!!

Room Tip: If the hotel is very busy ask to be located near the stairs. You don't get the hall traffic nois...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
carolinedickensGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hello! I loved reading your review you recently posted for us. Sharon works so hard and truly takes interest in each guest’s satisfaction. I’m so glad you had the opportunity to meet her. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 January 2014

On our trips north, we tend to stay in Harrisonburg as a convenient waypoint. This was our first stay at a Residence Inn and we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room, the furniture, the overall cleanliness, the double room bathroom and the friendly staff.

I would highly recommend this Inn. Not only was it reasonably priced ($122.98) but the complimentary breakfast was pretty good. The room contained a desk and chair, a couch, an easy chair with footrest and coffee table, a large flat screen TV and a table with two chairs. It also had a large refer, a welcomed addition.

The bed was quite comfortable. If I had one complaint: the bathroom outer room did not have a door. Not a big deal if your travelling companion and you are on the same schedule.

I certainly recommend this motel when visiting Harrisonburg, VA.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello! Thanks for the great Tripadvisor review. Residence Inn is such a great brand and I’m so glad you have now had the chance to experience what we are all about. We are certainly glad that our location is convenient and hope that means we will see you again. Take care!
Washington, DC Area
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights here recently and had a wonderful stay. The room was great, staff very helpful and always responsive and we spent one day at the water park in massanutten with our toddler and had a great time (although the watermark is expensive)

• Stayed December 2013
carolinedickensGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
I’m so glad to read that you had a wonderful stay and got to experience the Waterpark at Massanutten. Although it can be pricey it is a great activity for children and a nice break from the winter weather. Thank you for taking time to write a review and we wish you a Happy New Year!
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I was so very impressed with this Residence Inn. We stayed on Christmas Eve and the staff could not have nicer and happy. The fireplace in the room was so very appreciated. The breakfast was very good. It was top notch in every way. I will always stay here when traveling through Harrisonburg.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad you had a pleasant experience and we look forward to hosting you when you travel through Harrisonburg again. Happy New Year!