“OMG Awesomest Marriott”

Residence Inn Harrisonburg
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 May 2010

My inlaws got to the hotel in Harrisonburg, VA before us... called us and were going on and on about this and that. Almost got annoying. Then we got there. Clean pool, great barbecue area, impeccable rooms... I'm struggling for something to criticize so this doesn't look like some rigged review by an employee. My kids went down to get ice cream and said the lady at the desk was incredibly friendly. Rooms are modern, warmly lit... well thought out. We had a suite for under 200 with 2 bedrooms, three tvs, a pull-out couch bed, fridge, OVER, micro, dishwasher. I could live here if it wasn't so small. Here's a video we shot in the picnic area with the sunset: http://www.youtube.com/user/unclenalts#p/a/u/0/FGI_Mv97Q-k

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 May 2010

This Residence Inn still has that "new hotel" smell, and definitely the most upmarket decor I've yet encountered in a Residence Inn. It literally looks like some of the fancier time-share type condo-hotels I've seen in recent years. It has a small full kitchen, including a range with real oven, cherry finish wood cabinets with full-extension drawers, stainless finish appliances and cabinet handles and granite counter. There are a few clever wall mounted racks for things like messages from hotel management (eg. calendar of free dinners and other socials) and the usual hotel services binder. The bed in our king bedroom suite had a sleek built-in look with a full-wall headboard and integrated nightstands -- kind of like what you see in deluxe ship cabins. The bathroom vanity had lots of real drawers and granite counter space. There were 2 wall mounted flat screen TVs and there was a gas fireplace. The downside was, from the bed in the bedroom (i.e. not even near the front door), I could hear people walking around upstairs as well as in the halls. Surprising oversight on their part!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2010

This is really a comfortable place to stay. I was here several months ago (and didn't write a review) and went out of my way to stay here again because I like it better than the other choices in this area of Virginia. Its new, the rooms are large, well designed, very nicely furnished, and quiet. The staff are helpful. Breakfast has healthy or high calorie options --something for everyone! The hotel looks kind of isolated in a big parking lot, but you can actually walk to a couple restaurants if you don't want to get back into the car for dinner. The kitchens in the rooms are well equipped if you want to eat in. There is an exercise room, indoor pool, whirlpool, and outdoor sitting area with small fireplace. The pool was too cold for me on this visit although it was warmer when I was there earlier. The hotel is a little hard to spot from the main road, so make sure of your directions if this is your first time in this part of Harrisonburg.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank aDCtraveler
ResInnManager, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2010

Greetings! Thank you for choosing us and providing great feedback. I will personally look into the pool temperature and I look foward to having you stay with soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2010

This hotel is new and spotless. The front desk staff was very nice . The rooms were incredible. We had a one bedroom king suite. Perfect. Not one thing wrong. Used the indoor pool and hot tub. The chlorine level was just right and did not burn the eyes or skin.
The comp. breakfast buffet in the morning was very impressive. A waffle maker, tortillas for the eggs, pastries, hot oatmeal, eggs, sausage. Great that this is included in your stay.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian03
ResInnManager, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2010

Thank you for choosing us. I will forward the great review the team!

Reviewed 6 May 2010

Now that our son and daughter are 16yo and 13yo respectively, they really need their own beds and it is often hard to find someplace for them each to have one. This place worked great as we had one bedroom, our daughter had another and our son slept on the pull out sofa in the living room and had his own TV. Everyone was very happy with the arrangements. The hotel was clean, spacious, had a kitchen though we didn't use it. Highly recommend. We were visiting JMU for spring break and it was very close to campus.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

I am glad that the hotel fit your needs so well! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2010

Had the pleasure of staying at this hotel from 4/26-4/27. I was traveling back to knoxville tennessee from nj brining my mother home for a visit. We had two rooms, one for my mother and one for myself..My mother could not say enough on how great the hotel looked and how great the service was..I, from being an agm @ a Residence inn thought the service and decor were outstanding..Had the pleasure of speaking briefly with stacey friedly, who was not only cordial and hospitable..But also eye catching..Kudos to you and your staff..Excellent job.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2010

WOW! This hotel is great! My husband and I decided to take a 4 day vacation but wanted to stay within a 5 hour drive from our home. We decided on Harrisonburg because of the reviews of this hotel and they were right. The room was clean and the staff knowledgeable and friendly. We had a studio that was just the right size for the two of us. We didn't prepare any meals in our room but it would have been easy. They serve breakfast, the usual eggs, sauage, fruit, waffles, cereal which is a nice plus with a hotel that offers suites. We also enjoyed an evening social Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 6:00 PM-7:30 PM. Another nice addition is the Regal movie theater that is within walking distance of the hotel. Shopping areas are also close by. Harrisonburg is a nice city with a lot of interesting thing to do.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
ResInnManager, Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2010

Hi, your response is greatly appreciated! As you have experienced, we are ideal for a quick getaway. I am glad to see you you took adavantage of the many things to do in the area and look forward to seeing you soon!