“A Step Above The Others”
Review of Wood Grill Buffet

Wood Grill Buffet
Ranked #9 of 269 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Wood Grill is the best buffet restaurant I've ever encountered in my travels. I've dined many times at the Harrisonburg, VA and Charlottesville, VA locations. The foods are very noticeably of higher quality than other buffet restaurants. The selection seems endless. Everything is fresh, clean, perfectly prepared, and delicious. Service is pleasant and attentive. The price is surprisingly reasonable. Occasionally there is a waiting line, maybe 30 minutes. (Both of the locations that I've tried are in busy college towns with large numbers of visitors at times.) I find absolutely no faults, but if there were it would be that I ate too much. After all these meals at Wood Grill, I still haven't managed to try everything but everything I've tried was excellent. If you like buffet meals, I'd highly recommend this one.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We always look forward to eating at the Wood Grill anytime we get to Harrisonburg. We went for a late lunch and couldn't beat the value of a Senior Meal for $7.68. The food was fresh and delicious with a great selection. The service was excellent and very attentive. We highly recommend this as a stop for anyone traveling along I-81.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

If we were rating this place on food alone, we would have rated it as Very Good. The food was significantly better than most restaurants of a similar nature. The choices were more numerous, the flavors were better. However, the service was very poor. We will have to admit that it may have been only our watress as we did see others doing a much better job. Ours delivered our drinks, then we did not see her until we were midway through our second portions. She never did deliver our check. We were delayed at the checkout register until they could find her and get a check. As we started out: "The food was very good. The Service was bad."

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stopped at this restaurant off of I-81 in Harrisonburg, VA on a trip we were making down South. I love buffets and have eaten at alot of them but this one makes the others pale in comparison. There is so much food, such a wide selection to choose from and all of it is fresh and delicious. There is such a huge variety of salad bar items, hot entrees, and desserts. The crab cakes were my favorite. The restaurant is clean and the staff does a great job of keeping the food trays filled up. Their hours are Monday - Thursday 11-9:30, Friday 11-10:30, Saturday 9-10:30, and Sunday 9-9:30. I love this place! It is now my favorite buffet restaurant!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Chicken Gumbo Soup...delicious!!! We went here since I am trying to eat healthy and figured I could build a "healthy salad" and I did. Very large selection, clean, staff very nice. Most of the food was your average tasting food, but a large selection. Inexpensive and glad we went.