“Love the value”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We eat at the Wood Grill around the UVA campus due to various sports activities. This was my first visit to the one in Harrisonburg. I am a former manager of a Marriott with various eating concepts on property. I look for value in eating with the family. This fills the bill on that account. A clean restaurant with good food. For the price and the really good selections on the buffet. I actually heading up 81 to stay in Harrisonburg because I like the family value. I have a family of 5 so the bill is always above 50 dollars however I usually spend that to get less. I do recommend.

3  Thank Michael A

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The buffet had a good variety of foods. Good food, service is sometimes slow. My son loves this place.

1  Thank John P
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Our son loves buffets so we searched for one while out in Harrisonburg one day on our Massanutten trip. We picked this one and we were so happy with our choice. The place was very clean when we entered and you could see there was a lot of food to choose from. We were seated and our waitress asked if we wanted to order a potato? Apparently that comes with and they will bring them to your table, but we declined. We definitely found enough good food on the buffet and our son loved the chocolate fountain. We would come here again.

1  Thank Suzy S
Reviewed 26 January 2014

It doesn't matter what time we get there, the food is always fresh and good. A child dropped an orange slice on the floor, picked it up and laid it on the edge of the buffet. A manager was told, he wisked the entire bowl away and came back several minutes later with a new bowl - that was quick!

2  Thank Kyna D
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Our family likes buffets, though I do try to avoid them as eating too much is the inevitable result. We stumbled upon the Wood Grill Buffet on Trip Advisor looking for restaurants in the Harrisonburg, Virginia area. We have a timeshare in nearby Massanutten and visit this area often.

Unlike many buffets, each table has an assigned waitstaff person. Ours was very attentive and service was first rate. The food is varied from hush puppies to steak, shrimp to barbecued ribs. The french fries were quite good, as were the homemade potato chips. There is a wide array of vegetables, multiple meat and fish dishes, and some excellent dinner rolls. Pizza is even available. Virtually everyone will find something to like here.

Desserts were remarkable both in terms of the variety and the quality. Among the offerings were several pies, as well as various cookies, cakes and other goodies. The pecan pie I had and the sugar cookies were particularly tasty.

I found the fried chicken a bit dry and different members of our party found one dish or another not to their liking. However, in general the dishes were much better than what I have found in most buffets. Even the coffee was superior to what I have had in much higher priced restaurants.

In short, The Wood Grill Buffet is a great place to take your family of all ages and a great place to satisfy the culinary wants of almost anyone, from vegetarians to meat and potatoes folks, all at a cost that will not break the bank.

Prices were reasonable as well. The bill for the four of us with tax was less than $60.

3  Thank ken4401